Revolver (Original Monaural Recording Series)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: Revolver (Original Monaural Recording Series)

Post by yymca6 »

margal wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:30 pm hxxps://mega.nz/folder/c4IlFKAA#FGmNgVYvs1LhLfbZBUFU0w
All from Not On Label (The Beatles) ?
Yves
James_Creek

Post by James_Creek »

Millennium Remasters has this lot ~ I knew I seen this before.
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

yymca6 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:41 pm It seems to be on an "obscure label" Not On Label. I sw on Discogs they also had Help! in that series.
My notes show this series was done in 2004 by the same folks who did the Millennium Remasters releases. I'm not sure of the source of that info.

Dave in Nashville
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you!
I get Help,Revolver,Sgt.,White!
any others been released?
Anyone,Please let me know.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Definitely the Millennium Remasters Original Monaural Recordings. Their note about this set, “The sound work is not our own, but comes from an exclusive set of mono cd’s that came out of Japan (originals were housed in mock reel-to-reel boxes). The original sound sources are supposedly from safety copy tapes made by TOSHIBA EMI in the early 80’s when they first put out the ORIGINAL MONO RECORDINGS on red vinyl.”
Norm Deplume

Post by Norm Deplume »

So do we actually NEED copies of Japanese safety tapes when we actually have digital copies of the real EMI mono masters, both from digital sources (2009 mono box and Super Deluxe releases) as well as digital transfers of the new mono LP's cut from them? If these are Japanese safety copies they are two gens down from the original mono masters.

Norm
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Norm Deplume wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 am So do we actually NEED copies of Japanese safety tapes when we actually have digital copies of the real EMI mono masters, both from digital sources (2009 mono box and Super Deluxe releases) as well as digital transfers of the new mono LP's cut from them? If these are Japanese safety copies they are two gens down from the original mono masters.

Norm
We needed them in 2004 but maybe not so much any more.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:04 pm
Norm Deplume wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 am So do we actually NEED copies of Japanese safety tapes when we actually have digital copies of the real EMI mono masters, both from digital sources (2009 mono box and Super Deluxe releases) as well as digital transfers of the new mono LP's cut from them? If these are Japanese safety copies they are two gens down from the original mono masters.

Norm
Well Revolver and White album we have an 'original mono master' from the respective SDEs. But we don't have the same for the others do we? The 2009 mono releases aren't the 'original' mastering...they are described as remastered after all.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

gaizoku wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:18 am Thank you!
I get Help,Revolver,Sgt.,White!
any others been released?
Anyone,Please let me know.
The only titles released in this series were: Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper and The Beatles (White Album.)
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

ianbuckers wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:05 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:04 pm

Norm
Well Revolver and White album we have an 'original mono master' from the respective SDEs. But we don't have the same for the others do we? The 2009 mono releases aren't the 'original' mastering...they are described as remastered after all.
We also have Help! and Rubber Soul 'original mono masters' on the 1980s Canadian CDs.