Good Day Sunshine elements mix & video

Fan created remixes and rare variations
SlvrHmrMn

Good Day Sunshine elements mix & video

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

Posted on the other forums but sharing here in case anyone isn't on those. Since we're not getting any Good Day Sunshine outtakes in the Revolver SDE box, I made this over the weekend using isolations magoocus and I did, plus a dynamic slideshow of photos from the Revolver sessions.

Here's the audio:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1pKklwkJ7_ka1hKZP-OTT_4lMcTHItvP9/view?usp=sharing

And here's the video on Twitter:

Martin85

Re: Good Day Sunshine elements mix & video

Post by Martin85 »

Very nice indeed! Thank you.
Can a piano and a voice be isolated? To get the idea of what a demo of this song would be like.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You for sharing. Yes , a Vocal + Piano Mix would be Great if possible .
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

Oh yes, that is definitely possible, great idea. I'll work on that soon.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Very nice, here. I love how the piano isolations within this mix. If there's any justice, what you've accomplished here should guilt Apple/Giles to trying better. It's hilarious that they've made such a boast about using Peter Jackson's proprietary demixing software and yet they still didn't have the forethought to do something-- anything!-- to better highlight GDS's raw take or subsequent layering of overdubs.

And yes, I agree-- a piano/vocal mix would be splentabulous! The moment in this mix around 0:58 where it transitions from vocal ("... burns my feet as they touch the ground") into the piano part is toe-curlingly great!
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

20YearsAgo wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:24 pm Very nice, here. I love how the piano isolations within this mix. If there's any justice, what you've accomplished here should guilt Apple/Giles to trying better. It's hilarious that they've made such a boast about using Peter Jackson's proprietary demixing software and yet they still didn't have the forethought to do something-- anything!-- to better highlight GDS's raw take or subsequent layering of overdubs.

And yes, I agree-- a piano/vocal mix would be splentabulous! The moment in this mix around 0:58 where it transitions from vocal ("... burns my feet as they touch the ground") into the piano part is toe-curlingly great!
In a twitter exchange yesterday that I happened to be involved in, Giles said "I’d like to think that we are pretty good at making comprehensive box sets. What I mean is that music, much like instruments, are meant to be played and listened to and not put on a shelf to be collected."

He's doing a great job, ask him anytime.
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

Great work, glad to add this to my box!

Would it be possible to essentially recreate the original pre-overdub Take 1, or even just the backing track?
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

SlvrHmrMn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:02 pm In a twitter exchange yesterday that I happened to be involved in, Giles said "I’d like to think that we are pretty good at making comprehensive box sets. What I mean is that music, much like instruments, are meant to be played and listened to and not put on a shelf to be collected."

That's hilarious. The Giles remixes are consistently, for me, the least-listened to discs on all previous SDE sets. There's not a producer alive today that couldn't make "comprehensive box sets" every bit as listenable as the ones Giles brings to the table.

As for GDS, has Giles or Apple addressed why they didn't see fit to pony up even just the raw un-overdubbed take for this song. Is that tape damaged? Or missing from their archives?
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

batdude98 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:38 pm Great work, glad to add this to my box!

Would it be possible to essentially recreate the original pre-overdub Take 1, or even just the backing track?
Here's what magoocus did when he recently updated the Revolver Sessions.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1QP9sZUQPeVE-ID-xd7VjNNjljD1mn8Y2/view?usp=sharing

I think once the Atmos channels are available we'll be able to improve upon this and create a much better take 1 where we can hear the piano better.
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

20YearsAgo wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:31 pm
SlvrHmrMn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:02 pm In a twitter exchange yesterday that I happened to be involved in, Giles said "I’d like to think that we are pretty good at making comprehensive box sets. What I mean is that music, much like instruments, are meant to be played and listened to and not put on a shelf to be collected."

That's hilarious. The Giles remixes are consistently, for me, the least-listened to discs on all previous SDE sets. There's not a producer alive today that couldn't make "comprehensive box sets" every bit as listenable as the ones Giles brings to the table.

As for GDS, has Giles or Apple addressed why they didn't see fit to pony up even just the raw un-overdubbed take for this song. Is that tape damaged? Or missing from their archives?
I encouraged someone to ask him on Twitter today but Giles hasn't responded yet.