Purple Chick audio sources?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
beatleman

Purple Chick audio sources?

Post by beatleman »

Does anyone know the source for the bootleg audios of the purple chick. Such as for Please Please Me there is a stereo mix and a mono mix. But where do these come from - are they CD sourced/tape sourced? Perhaps someone has history for the mastering and sources used for the purple chick series. Thanks :?:
Bianju

Re: Purple Chick audio sources?

Post by Bianju »

I believe in most cases it comes from the DESS releases, and usually the agreed-on "best" versions of those. So, for example, the stereo version in Magical Mystery Year is from the Hör-Zu pressing.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Purple Chick usually credited sources on the artwork. The stereo Please Please Me is from the DESS version of Die Beatles. The mono is from the DESS Please Please Me.
beatleman

Post by beatleman »

pegboy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:27 pm Purple Chick usually credited sources on the artwork. The stereo Please Please Me is from the DESS version of Die Beatles. The mono is from the DESS Please Please Me.
Bianju wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 pm I believe in most cases it comes from the DESS releases, and usually the agreed-on "best" versions of those. So, for example, the stereo version in Magical Mystery Year is from the Hör-Zu pressing.
Thank you to you both. My question is solved.