Yellow Dog Question

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
paulramon

Yellow Dog Question

Post by paulramon »

Hi Guys,

Great seeing a lot of you over here while BZ is down. I miss a lot of the back and forth.

I have a quick question, and I hope I'm not out of line here...

I just started going through my collection that has been amassed over 20+ years and have noticed that many of the cd-r's form 10-15 years ago no longer play or a re now riddled with errors. I was one of those that thought the adhesive labels were a good idea. Shame on me...

Anyway, long story short, I am slowly going through and have noticed that many of my Yellow Dog titles are shot. Luckily, a few years ago I started buying silvers on ebay to fill in for cd-r's that I was worried about.

Any kind soul out there with some of the more recent YD's out there in cloud-land? By more recent I mean the ones that were released last... I have most of the older ones on silver, but ended up trading for the newer ones.

As of now I definitely need A-Cam B-Cam (YD 079)..

Happy to help with anything I can in return.

I recall someone (apologies, as I forget who) had started some label-specific threads over on BZ a while back.

I wish we had something like Stonesvault on IORR, where they have label specific pages with links to all available stuff. It's quite a nice system they have going on over there. Anyone have any thoughts on how we can/should do something like that, or are we inviting the law and more scrutiny?

Regards,

Dan
Lord Reith

Re: Yellow Dog Question

Post by Lord Reith »

paulramon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:00 pm
I wish we had something like Stonesvault on IORR, where they have label specific pages with links to all available stuff. It's quite a nice system they have going on over there. Anyone have any thoughts on how we can/should do something like that, or are we inviting the law and more scrutiny?
Bad idea in my opinion. I was always uncomfortable with big archive repositories on BZ. The ephemeral 1-week links are better imo because they encourage community behavior. If you make it too easy you kill the community spirit, and also other sites will steal your permanent links and put them up on their boards. Also it means that someone is left to carry the can for hosting a lot of material, which is probably not a good idea if you're using google drive or something else that is tied to your identity.

Sorry I don't have any of the later Yellow Dogs. I only bought them up till 1995 when Anthology came out. After that I lost all interest in bootlegs for about five years until I found the original BZ trading page. The only boots I ever bought after that were "Turn Me On Dead Man" and "Another Sessions Plus" but I was really miffed to find that when they arrived they were cdrs. The artwork was nice, but considering what they cost me i was expecting silvers. They probably don't even play any more.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Thanks, Lord. Appreciate the response.

I totally understand the potential for attracting hoarders or even others that we don't necessarily want to draw attention from. And then the entire group of people that grab and then sell it.

What do people think? Should we ask for things we're looking for and then communicate via PM?
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

And that being said, can anyone help with YD079? I thought I had a silver copy somewhere, but can't seem to locate it, and my cd-r is hosed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dan
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

paulramon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm What do people think? Should we ask for things we're looking for and then communicate via PM?
No, I think an open link is okay so long as it's not there forever and doesn't have like 500 albums in it. On BZ time proved that the best system was for people to ask (which required them to sign up), and someone to respond with a link which would be there for a short time and then either expire or be switched off.

Speaking of which, where is MR.P?! King of the re-uppers! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Good points, Lord. Thanks again for your hard work, and thanks for the good advice!
maul

Post by maul »

paulramon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:51 pm And that being said, can anyone help with YD079? I thought I had a silver copy somewhere, but can't seem to locate it, and my cd-r is hosed.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Dan
I can't find the original YD, if you want I have the fan-expanded version of 2016
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:25 am
paulramon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm What do people think? Should we ask for things we're looking for and then communicate via PM?
No, I think an open link is okay so long as it's not there forever and doesn't have like 500 albums in it. On BZ time proved that the best system was for people to ask (which required them to sign up), and someone to respond with a link which would be there for a short time and then either expire or be switched off.

Speaking of which, where is MR.P?! King of the re-uppers! :lol:
I was one of those that had compiled label collections and provided links, I thought it was a good thing to do at the time.
I became increasingly worried for the reasons you state so I agree, I think now it is better to put short-term links up.

Here is YD079 - hxxps://we.tl/t-4fOwrzX3au
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I was doing the same for a while but I realize now it wasn’t a good idea. It’s better that if someone wants something they request it, then those who are able to can share. It keeps the community active and fosters specific conversation. Any Mega share I do now would be only request and 7 days. (And only original flac/zip not M4A.)
spinalcrackerbox_76

Post by spinalcrackerbox_76 »

paulramon wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:00 pm

As of now I definitely need A-Cam B-Cam (YD 079)..

This is where we as collectors need to make a decision, imho: Do you collect the labels (and let them dictate what you end up with) or do you collect the material in its most complete & updated form?

As life's too short, I decided to go with the latter, have ditched the Yellow Dogs & others and gone for the best available versions, which in case of the Get Back sessions is the New Blue Soap series.