The Beatles - Complete Studio collection

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
alphabeatles

Re: The Beatles - Complete Studio collection

Post by alphabeatles »

Back in the early '90s my collection was cassettes on the wall in those wooden racks... Then binders full of CD and data DVDs. Thankfully no LPs.

I was watching some of American Pickers and marveled at these old people out in the boonies who couldn't part with some random scrap piece of metal buried deep in the barn or laying out in the woods on the back 40. Then I thought about the stuff on my own hard drive that really needs to go...... It's so hard!

As for those older sets, keep the artwork and ditch the audio.

Other tips (I do these things):

•Make sure mono tracks are flattened to 1-track mono. Why have a duplicate channel for nothing (on the computer – CDs need both)?

•Use FLAC instead of WAV or AIF (when uploading too, thanks!)

•Consider resaving interviews and radio shows with CV audio (and all of Ringo's stuff, ha!) as mp3/320. Interviews are usually only voice, and you already have any accompanying music saved as lossless elsewhere. Or at the very least, edit out the CV music from the FLAC radio shows and documentaries, leaving only the unique content
PanKotskiy

Post by PanKotskiy »

The Complete Recording Sessions project (active till 15 July+) was created by Coltturkey and csnyfan, who shared it at BZ in 2017-2020 (10.87 GB, 1219 files). Please remember to change xx to tt in the url.

Except for sologui, I do not know the names of fans who contributed the artwork or helped in any other way. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone involved (especially, The Beatles :lol: ). I love the set and hope this forum (or BZ if revived) will yet hear from coltturkey and csnyfan.

Please note that the set on mega includes both original and upgraded volumes 7 and 12 (I do not remember why I decided to keep the originals), so it might save some time and disk space if you want only the upgrades. The folder names of the old versions consist only of "volume" and a number. The folder names in three formats were kept original on purpose and reflect the stages of the project (I have included a readme file with the rough timeline of downloads for clarity).

Also, I have two files removed by the creators from volume 6, and complete "old" volume 8 (27 tracks against 31 in the updated volume). As for updated volume 8, the creator commented: "So here's my "vision" - more or less all sound better than what was previously available. The vintage mixes gained most, but the Scott/Barrett tapes and the Christmas outtakes are also significantly improved. Track 25 is remade from scratch; I dropped "Think Plastic, Baby" into the chatter section."

I agree with Lord Reith's view on short-term links that expire and thus keep things local and lively, so if anyone needs the files after that, please warn me and I will generate a new link.

The Ultimate Studio Collection.jpg
The Ultimate Studio Collection.jpg (841.57 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
Last edited by PanKotskiy on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:43 am, edited 10 times in total.
SBFC

Post by SBFC »

Big work, but such a shame that this project has stopped ... I always dream that this set is updated and worked with the latest tools of technology. For Beatles fans that would be a holy grail for sure. So who knows, a 2021 miracle?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The background to this set was that colturkey originally assembled it (in full) from various sources, but then csnyfan got involved and they started re-doing the whole set using better sources and with extra restoration by csnyfan. But then both of them said they had too many RL commitments to continue and it was left in an unfinished state ie: some volumes are upgraded and some aren't.

The re-mastered stuff was REALLY good. Gold. But damned if I can figure out which parts are which. That thread confused the hell out of me, so i just sampled a few tracks and then was going to wait for the whole thing to be finished. And then it was gone, thread and all. :o
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:12 pm Back in the early '90s my collection was cassettes on the wall in those wooden racks...
I miss cassettes. At the time they drove me crazy, but their simple analogue beauty now makes me pine for those days.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

I have all the volumes on one of my drives. Here are the contents:

Complete Studio Collection:
Vol. 1-13 & 15
Vol. 12 (upgraded version)
Vol. 14 & 16-20 (preview versions, White Album era)
Vol. 21-24 (Get Back / Let It Be session highlights)
(no Abbey Road session volumes)

Things We Said Yesterday (collected interviews '63-'64)
Vol. 1-5

The Ultimate Home Demo Collection (version 2 upgrade)
Vol. 1-7

Complete Live Collection
Vol. 1-24 (Vol. 24 = solo Madison Square Garden live material)
Vol. 1-3 (upgraded)

That's the most up-to-date collection prior to last year. I hope that helps.
simond9X

Post by simond9X »

PanKotskiy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:33 pm The Complete Recording Sessions project was created by Coltturkey and csnyfan, who shared it at BZ in 2017-2020 (10.51 GB, 1185 files).
Thanks so much for doing this, PanKotskiy, and for the link. I've started downloading them although, having a slow broadband, it may take me a little while. This time I'll make a better job of storing them!
PanKotskiy

Post by PanKotskiy »

simond9X wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:03 am
PanKotskiy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:33 pm The Complete Recording Sessions project was created by Coltturkey and csnyfan, who shared it at BZ in 2017-2020 (10.51 GB, 1185 files).
Thanks so much for doing this, PanKotskiy, and for the link. I've started downloading them although, having a slow broadband, it may take me a little while. This time I'll make a better job of storing them!
My pleasure, simond9X. There's no rush, I'll keep the link active till you tell me you've got it all.
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

Did anyone ever gather all the notes for this project in one place? I have some, but am missing details on the Sgt. Pepper discs. I've searched everywhere for the info. Some of the BZ pages are archived on the Way Back Machine. Bing has some cached, but not all. There was some remarkable information, such as recording details on Lady Madonna that I had never seen elsewhere. Kudos to Colturkey, CSNYfan, and all involved. The one set that really seemed to compliment the Complete Studio Collection was Lord Reith's Monolonger. Hope to see those continued.

C
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:16 am The re-mastered stuff was REALLY good. Gold. But damned if I can figure out which parts are which. That thread confused the hell out of me, so i just sampled a few tracks and then was going to wait for the whole thing to be finished. And then it was gone, thread and all. :o
It was a mess. Some volumes had multiple, competing versions. The artwork could not keep up with the revisions. But as you said, it was gold. Hoping to see it continue.

I've been trying to sort these things out for 30+ years and you guys keep bringing new insights and uncovering new material.

Thanks to you LR, for your wonderful efforts.

C