Sunday Night at the London Palladium tape on Ebay

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
walrus gumboot

Re: Sunday Night at the London Palladium tape on Ebay

Post by walrus gumboot »

Just re-listened to both Palladium shows, 63 and 64...not a hint of PPM anywhere .
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

walrus gumboot wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:24 pm Just re-listened to both Palladium shows, 63 and 64...not a hint of PPM anywhere .
That's what I'm talking about. They stopped playing that song after summer of 1963.
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

They still played PPM at Easy Beat BBC show in October. No big deal if they sang a fragment of it as introduction of themselves on the show.

I'll bet Apple have excellent audio copy in the vaults. Where that I'll Get You comes from? It sounds miles better than what's on bootlegs.
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

Exactly....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I meant that they performed a 30 second version of Please Please Me at the start of the show. Since this has never been booted, it is a simple litmus test for supposedly new sources. The fact that he makes no mention of it raises suspicion.

Really, there is nothing to stop me making a dub of the old Deccagone Royal Variety Show ep onto a second hand reel of I bought off ebay for 50p, taking a photo of an old tape recorder from google, and then asking 500 pounds for it. It's a common ploy and given the vast reach of ebay is sure to find some mug willing to taking a punt. In the old days they'd melt down old 78rpm records and then press new copies of Elvis's Sun singles. These days it's a whole lot simpler!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene