Ed Sullivan Show-Clips

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
KitsuHitsuyy

Re: Ed Sullivan Show-Clips

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:06 pm Image
What's the source for this, Kitsu? Looks like a screen grab from a video.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:57 am What's the source for this, Kitsu? Looks like a screen grab from a video.
Thank you, KitsuHitsuyy! This is from the Ed Sullivan DVD set. 5:30 into the third show(2-24-64). There is one other photo from the control room way in the back that looks like this. This is very brief and I consider it to be suspicious only because it looks like it was shot in front of a monitor. There is considerable distortion of the group below that doesn't occur to the figures (audience backs) in the foreground. I congratulate you for finding it. I must be mistaken. I would hope that there are some better ones since there were so many cameras. But, I know that there was a lot going on. So, maybe it was that exciting. Maybe only two pictures got taken. I think the control room photo was from the 9th! But, it is a photo not video...and a lot more dubious than this screen shot. So, That is all I needed. You changed my mind. Thank you. I wonder what the studio audience thought about the Beatles not being on the show on the 24th in person. They must have known in advance that they were already at home in England.
Was The Beatles tape played for the audience in the studio?
Thanks.
KC
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:57 am
What's the source for this, Kitsu? Looks like a screen grab from a video.
TMOQ's 2-DVD source, it has the best quality for the shows.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but....the angle and elevation of this image appears to perfectly match the perspective from the infamous Grassy Knoll at Dealey Plaza in Dallas. The Warren Commission had barely begun meeting when this image was captured - was someone trying to tell us something?

Somebody suggested that if you move your head rapidly while viewing the image - specifically back, and to the left - the perspectives are virtually identical. But be careful; I've got a sore neck now.
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

rtbcIII wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:44 am Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but....the angle and elevation of this image appears to perfectly match the perspective from the infamous Grassy Knoll at Dealey Plaza in Dallas. The Warren Commission had barely begun meeting when this image was captured - was someone trying to tell us something?

Somebody suggested that if you move your head rapidly while viewing the image - specifically back, and to the left - the perspectives are virtually identical. But be careful; I've got a sore neck now.
You sure about this? My understanding is that the photo was actually taken during an infamous alien abduction incident / UFO sighting reported to the authorities but completely hushed up by the FBI, the CIA, B.B. King and Doris Day.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:38 pm
rtbcIII wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:44 am Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but....the angle and elevation of this image appears to perfectly match the perspective from the infamous Grassy Knoll at Dealey Plaza in Dallas. The Warren Commission had barely begun meeting when this image was captured - was someone trying to tell us something?

You sure about this? My understanding is that the photo was actually taken during an infamous alien abduction incident / UFO sighting reported to the authorities but completely hushed up by the FBI, the CIA, B.B. King and Doris Day.
Supposedly the "real" Paul is coming back to this earth in 2023! It'll be great to see him at 81 years of age. Billy's probably gonna need a new job too lol
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

I don't understand any of this conspiracy theory falderal. All I know is that the Beatles' 2/23/64 Ed Sullivan appearance, having been taped a few hours before the historic 2/9/64 live broadcast, was the Beatles' first actual performance in America.

Those who were there for the live broadcast were eyewitnesses to history, but a case can be made that the audience for the earlier show got the better deal. Not only were they the first in America to actually see the Beatles perform, but they also got to see the evening's live broadcast on TV - that's two Beatles performances on the same day! And, two weeks later, they got to see the earlier performance again, this time as part of the 2/23/64 broadcast.
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Computer Gary wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 am I don't understand any of this conspiracy theory falderal.
Perhaps because you're using the wrong vowels?