Mixomatosis Vol 2

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
pumma4

Mixomatosis Vol 2

Post by pumma4 »

here is vol 2 of this series..tagging OK but not quite 100%..
Front.png
Front.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
Back.png
Back.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
hxxps://we.tl/t-G2QTx3CC3P
beatlefan99

Re: Mixomatosis Vol 2

Post by beatlefan99 »

Why is tagging so important to everybody?
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

I just like to know what track I am listening too without having to refer to the art and in the case of Yves' tags, he frequently includes other useful information, take numbers, recording dates, locations, etc. What I like even more is when rips include log files, so I know something about the rip and its accuracy, tagging I can do myself if need be.

That said, I am always grateful for anything shared by others, regardless of how it's presented.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

beatlefan99 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:20 am Why is tagging so important to everybody?
If you've ever trawled through a folder of albums and seen all the tracks on dozens or hundreds of albums all called "Track01", "Track02" etc., or the same in another language. then you really appreciate the effort that anyone took to put filenames on those tracks so you don't have to fill hundreds or even thousands of data fields by yourself.

It's especially helpful to people like me, who have a music collection database, which will read filenames and artists and album information from the tags and populate the appropriate fields automatically, which is hundreds, or even thousands, fewer keystrokes for us.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

beatlefan99 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:20 am Why is tagging so important to everybody?
For the same reason FLAC is important.
It is a reference point for archiving.
If it's mp3, tagging isn't as meaningful.
Lossless archives should leave nothing incomplete.
Tagging is before it's time right now.
Someday, uploaders will only acknowledge tagged files.
KC
beatlefan99

Post by beatlefan99 »

K_A_P68 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:26 am I just like to know what track I am listening too without having to refer to the art and in the case of Yves' tags, he frequently includes other useful information, take numbers, recording dates, locations, etc. What I like even more is when rips include log files, so I know something about the rip and its accuracy, tagging I can do myself if need be.

That said, I am always grateful for anything shared by others, regardless of how it's presented.
I get what you're saying, especially the last part.
It just seems lately certain members of the forum, are very quick to find fault on the uploaders efforts,
I've also noticed certain members who comment on the uploaders efforts, even though they have never contributed anything or shared anything since being a member.
A Please and a Thank You go a long way
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

Agreed 100%. As I said, I am always grateful for anything shared without asking a thing in return, which is why I always help when able. Tagging makes it more convenient for collectors like MF and myself who have large collections, but instead of criticizing something shared untagged, take the time to tag it and repost, but at least be grateful if someone does their best to accommodate a request.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for volume 2 too !! ...
Yellowwhale456

Post by Yellowwhale456 »

Thank you also for vol. 2
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Great. Thank you so much.