Thank you Nicotina
addsfsds

Re: Rome 1965: NEW SOURCE!

Post by addsfsds »

I sent an email to the radio station but they never replied 😢
musigny23

Post by musigny23 »

addsfsds wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:30 pm I sent an email to the radio station but they never replied 😢
The thing to do is find and try to contact Adriano Mazzoletti. It appears he recorded the concert and still had the tape in 2000. At this time he is 87 years old. If he has kept the tape then it might be a good idea to attempt to communicate about it because who knows what will happen to it when he goes. As a journalist he might understand the need to allow the full recording to be made available, but as also a music industry producer and radio guy he might wish to retain it for whatever financial gain he or his heirs might be able to get. They couldn't sell the performance I don't think but maybe the copyright has expired (50 years), but they could sell the physical tape itself with the recording on it just like the family that held the complete line recording of the Bournemouth August '63 show did back in 2012. (I think it auctioned for 25,000 £) Since he never seems to have allowed complete copies to be made it would appear he won't now either but maybe at this point in his life he could be persuaded.
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

While we are at we should see if we can track down Dodger stadium 66(multi track soundboard) and it’s current owner. That would be devastating to lose to time! Maybe Apple bought it during the Ron Howard movie search for material.
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Ah-HA! This must be then the source of that infamous comment by Lennon that there was an Italian live album "recorded by someone" that has sent people searching for decades.