A list of known unbootlegged material?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
astronaut

Re: A list of known unbootlegged material?

Post by astronaut »

which once again proves my theory

THE LIVE PROJECT WAS A TRAP
AWster

Post by AWster »

MCPing16 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:19 am
AWster wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 am Hi all! I'm a new member here (though an old-time member of BZ under a different name). I don't have time to go through this thread in detail just just now, but on the old BZ someone posted the following list of uncirculating material back in the day. I copied it at the time and recopy it here for your enjoyment. :D I don't remember much more, unfortunately, so what you see below is about all I know though perhaps others here will remember more? In any case, take it all with a grain of salt....
Thought it might be interesting to create a thread of material we know is out there but will will probably never hear and the proof they probably exist. I've just added a few I have more but wanted to see if the thread takes off first...

[chopped by admin]
WOW! Thank you VERY much for this list. So many "If only..."'s.
One other thing. I just reread a part of my long post and realized that it must have come from Keith, the now deceased owner of the now defunct Revolver Records in Greenwich Village (those were the days!). Keith, I believe, helped get some songs out into the open like the demos for Bad to Me and One and One is Two (I feel like I remember him talking about this in one of his post on BZ) plus, of course, his YWSM video channel, which he ran near the end of his life, did have a fair amount of unique material, so prob a little less grain of salt than I originally suggested and there should be some amount of fact in that list.
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

AWster wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:30 am
MCPing16 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:19 am
AWster wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 am Hi all! I'm a new member here (though an old-time member of BZ under a different name). I don't have time to go through this thread in detail just just now, but on the old BZ someone posted the following list of uncirculating material back in the day. I copied it at the time and recopy it here for your enjoyment. :D I don't remember much more, unfortunately, so what you see below is about all I know though perhaps others here will remember more? In any case, take it all with a grain of salt....

WOW! Thank you VERY much for this list. So many "If only..."'s.
One other thing. I just reread a part of my long post and realized that it must have come from Keith, the now deceased owner of the now defunct Revolver Records in Greenwich Village (those were the days!). Keith, I believe, helped get some songs out into the open like the demos for Bad to Me and One and One is Two (I feel like I remember him talking about this in one of his post on BZ) plus, of course, his YWSM video channel, which he ran near the end of his life, did have a fair amount of unique material, so prob a little less grain of salt than I originally suggested and there should be some amount of fact in that list.
I’m really curious about Dodger Stadium 66 that was recorded professionally. I think it was JJjohnson(sorry if I got your name wrong) that told the story of a bootlegger who heard the tape in 1986 or so, and the owner of the tape wouldn’t allow him to copy it. As this thread has gone on that big list was posted and was thought to be Keith from Revolver records list. If you look on that list and you see the entry for Dodger stadium there is note that says I will know more in March. Does anybody remember what that means? Was Keith going to track it down? Another possibility I’m thinking is could Apple have obtained it when they were searching for material for the Ron Howard film?
Foolish Beat

Post by Foolish Beat »

Gredel21 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:16 am Hi All
Dont forget " Helter Skelter " 37 min long version probably in Macca's vault
I thought it was 27 minutes, and if it is the version on the Anthology that just plods along, no thanks.
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

Hello everybody,
It's great to have the forum back! Been reading and posting on bootlegzone for over 20 years and I was missing it :P

Regarding the Rome 1965 show, here's a little clip that I believe few people have listened to (correct me if I'm wrong!).
A radio show about Mazzoletti and his soundboard recording, featuring two clips from the actual recording. The opening track is the concert introduction and Twist and Shout, and we all know that.
But later on (min. 19:17) we have another one, Can't Buy Me Love, with a lovely Italian introduction by Paul!
I don't seem to remember hearing this before. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe it's really new to us?

https://www.radiox.it/programmi/extrali ... i-radio-x/

Cheers
Nick
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

nickotina wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:14 am Can't Buy Me Love, with a lovely Italian introduction by Paul!
I don't seem to remember hearing this before. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe it's really new to us?
Wow, never heard that one before, plus such excellent sound quality!
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

The sound quality makes you think it was recorded yesterday. Superb to say the least!
It's crazy to think it was out there for all these years, online!, and nobody noticed... I am trying to contact the radio to see if there's more to it, but it was aired 22 years ago.
I think I'll open a separate thread for this, so more people can hear the find, even though it's just a one minute clip.
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

Nando03 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm I'm quite sure somewhere on my hard disks a better version of T&S and SAW exists, while I'm diggin' I'll post a 2015 mp3 podcast that contains the story of the tape (in italian, sorry...) AND two excerpts from the show: Twist and Shout and Can't Buy me Love (the latter has never appeared on any boot, AFAIK); you can find them at 4:05 and 19:16...

hxxps://we.tl/t-Ncesvgk893
Just realised Nando had already shared this same podcast. Scusa Nando, non avevo visto :)
Do you remember the source for these "better version of T&S and SAW"? Would be cool to hear them, especially SAW which is very low quality!
reina

Post by reina »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 am
jgjohnson wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:30 am I met Gerry Marsden ( Gerry & the Pacemakers) once and asked him if he had any tapes he made of the early days in Liverpool. He told me he did have tapes including ones of the Beatles that he made, but that he would never do anything with them "because they are so dear to my heart"
Sadly Gerry passed away last year. I wonder where those tapes are now? If he had a family you can be sure they know about them.
Maybe he meant "There Is A Shanty Town"?
If this report is accurate, the interesting thing to me is that the writer never mentions any Pacemakers involvement.

“Many of these demo discs can be valuable if the makers find subsequent fame. I heard a record of “There’s A Shanty In Old Shanty Town” made by Gerry Marsden in 1961 - with the Beatles backing him!” - Mike Grant in Rave April 1964
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

When any of the NEMS folks pass away, or in cases, might be an attic, etc
I'm sure their will be more stuff to be uncovered
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts