Um... Why Did I Just Do That?!?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
mojofilter

Re: Um... Why Did I Just Do That?!?

Post by mojofilter »

Hi, Mike:

You're quite welcome. I've just been through my folders, and I have both the mono and stereo versions of "The Amazing Beatles." However the stereo one is "electronically rechannelled" where the left side is brighter and the right side is duller. That version is unretouched, and so it has all kinds of clicks and thumps and surface noise. The mono version got the RMW treatment, and is much better-sounding, although the recordings don't sound nearly as crisp and clear as on the Atco label. Would you still like either or both of these?

mojo
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

mojofilter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm Hi, Mike:

You're quite welcome. I've just been through my folders, and I have both the mono and stereo versions of "The Amazing Beatles." However the stereo one is "electronically rechannelled" where the left side is brighter and the right side is duller. That version is unretouched, and so it has all kinds of clicks and thumps and surface noise. The mono version got the RMW treatment, and is much better-sounding, although the recordings don't sound nearly as crisp and clear as on the Atco label. Would you still like either or both of these?

mojo
Hi Mojo,
Thanks for responding.
If you can post both of them when you have time,I would really appreciate it.
Mike
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:57 pm Hi Mojo,
Thanks for responding.
If you can post both of them when you have time,I would really appreciate it.
Mike
OK, Mike, please see here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=190 so we can stop hijacking this thread (sorry, OP!) although if anyone is able, I would still like to request a link to The Buggs album posted by Vee Jay. I didn't arrive here until it had been expired for some time.
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

mojofilter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 am You're welcome, too, Alpha.

While we're all here on a similar topic, would anyone like a similarly clean capture of the budget label put out by Clarion, a subsidiary of Atco, of the same songs minus two by The Swallows? This one's called The Amazing Beatles And Other Great English Sounds. This, and the Atco album are the ones that were overdubbed in NYC with drums by Bernard Purdie, trying to make Pete sound competent, and I'll be damned if he doesn't do it, too!

It's curious that The Swallows are covering the Del Shannon version of "From Me To You" and The Rolling Stones' version of "I Wanna Be Your Man," because they hadn't heard The Beatles' records yet to copy the arrangements.

I'd be happy to post that one, in an exchange for a working link for the album at the start of this thread. Anyone?

mojo
Hey, Mojo!

Hijack, shmijack... no worries, my friend. I've been enjoying the discussion thus far! ;)

Per your request, here's a new link for my rip of The Buggs' The Beetle Beat:

hxxps://we.tl/t-UA8zvzTEL5
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Thanks, Vee Jay! Much appreciated.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Vee-Jay wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:40 pm
mojofilter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 am You're welcome, too, Alpha.

While we're all here on a similar topic, would anyone like a similarly clean capture of the budget label put out by Clarion, a subsidiary of Atco, of the same songs minus two by The Swallows? This one's called The Amazing Beatles And Other Great English Sounds. This, and the Atco album are the ones that were overdubbed in NYC with drums by Bernard Purdie, trying to make Pete sound competent, and I'll be damned if he doesn't do it, too!

It's curious that The Swallows are covering the Del Shannon version of "From Me To You" and The Rolling Stones' version of "I Wanna Be Your Man," because they hadn't heard The Beatles' records yet to copy the arrangements.

I'd be happy to post that one, in an exchange for a working link for the album at the start of this thread. Anyone?

mojo
Hey, Mojo!

Hijack, shmijack... no worries, my friend. I've been enjoying the discussion thus far! ;)

Per your request, here's a new link for my rip of The Buggs' The Beetle Beat:

hxxps://we.tl/t-UA8zvzTEL5
Vee-Jay
Thanks for posting this one.
I have never heard of this one,and it sounds like an interesting listen.
Mike