Abracadabra - The Surround Sound Collection (2 DVD)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Peter77

Re: Abracadabra - The Surround Sound Collection (2 DVD)

Post by Peter77 »

joguema

Post by joguema »

Many thanks!
Hannibal Starr

Post by Hannibal Starr »

MUCHAS GRACIAS
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:59 am
alphabeatles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:37 amIf you open the files in Audacity you can delete the empty tracks, but I'm not sure how to save a multitrack FLAC back out of Audacity, as opposed to stereo (someone please advise).
See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=972

I too am a bit confused about how you would actually play multichannel flacs. But it must be do-able.
Thanks LR, I did see that info at the time but it wasn't relevant then ;-). I will give it a go. I also have access to Audition latest.

I'm glad people seem to be able to play these FLACs back. Even on the computer itself you can highlight bits from each set of tracks for a listen, or use Audacity for alternate remixing.

It's like having the Lord's Word in the original Greek ;-)

BTW, I am right now ripping the channels from the Quiet Album and will do the same thing.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

OK, LR's Audacity trick works! I am able to delete the unwanted tracks and export as 4.0 FLAC at a slightly smaller file size.

Onward with the project...

Vol. 1: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0e55vQSDY6SCUUhaQremTbEjeT1rzh_/view?usp=sharing

Vol. 2: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1LwJMSZ8hMdPyfjHST1Tbno1BoFsnNMHJ/view?usp=sharing

Vol. 3: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1qcckQ57w5WwuH4oFT4mZE_EttsBN5C0v/view?usp=sharing

Vol. 4: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1jMiz93GJCTJoHxvQZfFp-W524CXJ3pdg/view?usp=sharing

Vol. 5

Vol. 6

Vol. 7: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1HkTh9jtFqIdhpWXnPnqdhrcQ2d_LPBjw/view?usp=sharing

Vol. 8

Vol. 9
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

I played PPM last night. I set my surround setting to AUTO and sat back. WOW! I was not expecting this. Like most members I have already purchased all the official Apple releases in Blu Ray audio and enjoyed them with mixed results. These mixes or LR's work are perfectly balanced between front and rear channels. I think I'm going to return to these more than I did to The (official) White Album surround mixes.
A massive WELL DONE to Peter77.
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks for this !!!!
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

alphabeatles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:37 am ...but I'm not sure how to save a multitrack FLAC back out of Audacity, as opposed to stereo (someone please advise).
On a Mac, go to Audacity tab, select Preferences.
In that box on the left side, select Import/Export.
Select "Use Advanced Mixing Options"

Two ways to reorganize the tracks for export, the easiest way is to rearrange the order of your tracks in Audacity before exporting.

As you export, one of the pop-ups that comes up shows the channel assignment for the four tracks. It's how you'll know you're mixing to four discreet tracks. To check, once you've saved your file, reopen it again in Audacity. Or just play it back.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Glad you guys like it! I need to chop up the other sets' extractions and process them soon.

Thanks Ziggy for the tip about rearranging tracks if needed before export. Thankfully I didn't need to do that (other than delete the empty set of tracks) but I didn't already have that little bit of useful info.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Are these DVDs in PAL or NTSC format ? :?: