Rock and Roll Music Album - With a Twist :D

Fan created remixes and rare variations
skynet

Rock and Roll Music Album - With a Twist :D

Post by skynet »

Well just for kicks and while re-organizing one of my music hard drives i started ordering some songs in the same order of the infamous "Rock & Roll Music" Compilation from the 70's, as i always thought it would be fun to have that album in an alternate version, below is the list and versions i come up with, as they fit in a single CD i also burned them for my enjoyment and crossfaded all the songs which works great for me, since these is kind of a "playlist" of tracks that everyone here can get one way or another, hence the reason i am not uploading them as it could be redundant (and boring for some), also if you do not like a particular version you can switch for whatever other version pleases you (i even actually threw in a couple of additional tracks just for fun and switched the initial 2 songs, as it always bothers me in the original album that "Twist and Shout" was the opener), for me it sounds really kick ass in my home setup, in any case i thought it would be fun to share this list :)

"Side A"

- Speech - John Lennon (from Anthology CD)
- I Saw Her Standing There (Karlaplan studio ) - Live
- Twist and Shout (BBC -9/24/63)
- You Can't Do That (Hollywood Bowl - Eight Days a Week Remix) - Live
- I Wanna Be Your Man (Around the Beatles)
- I Call Your Name (Mono Version)
- Boys (Around the Beatles)
- Long Tall Sally (Drop In 30/10/63)

"Side B"

- Rock And Roll Music (Tokio 6/30/66) - Live
- Slow Down (BBC - 8/20/63)
- Leave My Kitten Alone
- Kansas City / Hey Hey Hey - Take 2
- Money (That's What i Want) - (Karlaplan studio ) - Live
- Can't Buy Me Love (New Musical Express concert) - Live
- Bad Boy (Mono Version)
- Matchbox (BBC - 7/30/63)
- Roll Over Beethoven (Karlaplan studio ) - Live

"Side C"

- Dizzy Miss Lizzy (BBC - 6/7/65)
- Anytime At All (Mono Version)
- Drive My Car (Uncompressed Rockband remix)
- Everybody's Tryng to be my Baby (Hollywood Bowl - Eight Days a Week Remix) - Live
- The Night Before (BBC - 6/7/65)
- Im Down (Hollywood Bowl - 8/29/65)
- Revolution (Dirty Mac - Rehearsal)

"Side D"

- Back in the U.S.S.R. - Rockband Remix (For this, "Helter Skelter" and "Birthday" i had to create 2 CDs as 1 CD contanis the takes and rehearsals from the SDE White Album :) the other has these Rockband remixes, i dig both of them :) )
- Helter Skelter (Same as "Back in the U.S.S.R." second CD includes "(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care")
- Taxman - eBay Acetate
- Got to Get You into My Life (Mono Version)
- Hey Bulldog - Uncompressed DTS Mix from "Yellow Submarine" DVD (Sound effects and all :) )
- Birthday (Same as "Back in the U.S.S.R")
- Get Back - Rooftop

Regards