Time to exhume the Core again - May be familiar to some

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
datters

Re: Time to exhume the Core - May be familiar to some

Post by datters »

paul62 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 am
Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:52 pm
mojofilter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:05 pm.
Mojo. I'm curious if you have any comments on the speed of the "A Hard Day's Night" album. I don't have perfect pitch but it feels to me the whole album is slightly fast and "Any Time At All" is ridiculously fast. I've slowed down "Any Time At All" quite a bit and only then does John sound normal like we hear in various outtakes.

We know they were not doing deliberate vari-speed at this time but it is known that since the 1950s certain producers would swap out tape capstans with slightly larger or smaller sizes to goose the speed on things. It would be no problem slightly speeding up the stereo/mono remixes if they thought the tracks needed a little pep.

And just an open question to anyone: How stable and reliable WAS the UK line frequency of 50 hertz back then?
You, me and mojofilter were discussing these matters at "the Row" early last year. I think I'll start a a new thread here (as the topic sharply deviates from "the Core" that's being discussed!!).
Agree. A separate thread is needed by just naming The Core with what you wanted in the first place, and another called Variations of The Core to keep other folks happy?
paul62

Post by paul62 »

I've got the label of one side of the disc as my avatar: this one would have to be core (even if the track is generally loathed by most people...!!!):
https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Wha ... se/3536699
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Tracklist
A What A Shame, Mary Jane Had A Pain At The Party (Take 4) 6:35
B What A Shame, Mary Jane Had A Pain At The Party (Take 5) 7:04

I think those tracks are on Vinyl To The Core, although I'm not sure which is closer to the source. I have a note that VTTC was skipped for this project.

Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
Track06

Post by Track06 »

I have a vague idea why Vinyl to the Core wasn't included. I have it. More than once. Stay tuned.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Track06 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:15 am I have a vague idea why Vinyl to the Core wasn't included. I have it. More than once. Stay tuned.
Trak06, why was VTTC excluded? Just curious
—Keith
Track06

Post by Track06 »

powerPC wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Track06 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:15 am I have a vague idea why Vinyl to the Core wasn't included. I have it. More than once. Stay tuned.
Trak06, why was VTTC excluded? Just curious
As I said I have it more than once, and they don't match. So which one is right? I may have a clue now and upload my choice soon.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

No clue still, so I uploaded what I have and how I got it. Thanks dannyboy! Still excluded from the mega-folder.
One has logs with accuraterip, the other more lossless tracks. None seems to have pictures of the actual discs/covers ripped, but from somewhere else instead, e.g. discogs. They superficially look like they should have identical audio, but do not.
hxxps://we.tl/t-25rdk3q19N
hxxps://we.tl/t-ETAhhqpdYx
They could be these 2:
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/ML ... cd-d15-_JM
https://thecdvault.com/product/the-beat ... -3-cd-set/
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Thanks again, I see what you mean. My recollection is that VTTC was an early fan-made production made available on CD-R. Presumably, any subsequent "silver" discs would have been knock-offs. In any case the as the title suggests each track is sourced from a vinyl rip. FWIW, I'm inclined toward the dannyboy version with the flac files that include the track names.
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

r9453 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:48 pm Thanks again, I see what you mean. My recollection is that VTTC was an early fan-made production made available on CD-R. Presumably, any subsequent "silver" discs would have been knock-offs. In any case the as the title suggests each track is sourced from a vinyl rip. FWIW, I'm inclined toward the dannyboy version with the flac files that include the track names.
You know me, I adjusted some of the danny boy version tags and then I tagged the other edition (CD-R with WAV files).
Yves
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you for the VTTC discs Track06.