EVOLVER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Nimbus

Re: EVOLVER (Eight Days A Week)

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:59 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 am
RLester wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:22 pm Brilliant, again, thanks - and a bit of Avengers trivia: Emma Peel was given this name by the producers for what reason?
They thought Steed's companion should have "man appeal" or "M. appeal".

See, I know my Avengers. ;)
And for another 10 points, who is Emma Peel's son-in-law (no googling)
No takers ?

Guy Garvey (Elbow & host of excellent BBC Radio 6 show) is married to Rachael Stirling (actress) who is the daughter of Diana Rigg
Leaping Armadillos

Re: EVOLVER (Helter Skelter)

Post by Leaping Armadillos »

All of Evolver except Track 38 is in this folder: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/VlJRCQqR#fE12ImtAfMJOdp3fN-O8Tw

If some kind soul has 38 and can share, I'll gladly add it to the folder. Thanks
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

Leaping Armadillos wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:15 pm If some kind soul has 38 and can share, I'll gladly add it to the folder. Thanks
Here's 38 A Day In The Life (minimalist mix):
hxxps://we.tl/t-63hONZeVxM

Thanks to Leaping Armadillos and to Lord Reith for this glorious series, which I'm finally catching up with. 8-)
Lord Reith

Re: EVOLVER (Mama You've Been On My Mind)

Post by Lord Reith »

One of the first boots I ever bought was The Black Album, and while I enjoyed the whole thing tremendously the track that really got me was Mama You've Been On My Mind. This is such a beautiful song. But you can't really hear the words because George is singing so softly. A few years ago I discovered his solo demo of the song, but was disappointed to find that the arrangement is different and he'd added slide guitar.

So what I've done here is take out the slide, organ and whatever to just leave George and guitar, and also edited it so that it resembles the Twickenham version. I did this basically for myself, but I hope you like it too.

Also added is a John-only mix of Imagine I did last year which got a very short window of exposure so most people probably missed it. So in the interest of it not getting lost, here it is again. I like the song much better with just John and piano. I've heard Klaus Voorman say he didn't want to play on it because of that.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-sept-10th
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you Lord Reith for continually sharing your fine efforts.
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

zhimmering! Thank you very much, super.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Thanks!!!
James_Creek

Post by James_Creek »

Leaping Armadillos wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:15 pm All of Evolver except Track 38 is in this folder: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/VlJRCQqR#fE12ImtAfMJOdp3fN-O8Tw

If some kind soul has 38 and can share, I'll gladly add it to the folder. Thanks
what happened to track 15 Penny Lane New Mix (Ver 2) 30-03-21?
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:13 am One of the first boots I ever bought was The Black Album, and while I enjoyed the whole thing tremendously the track that really got me was Mama You've Been On My Mind. This is such a beautiful song. But you can't really hear the words because George is singing so softly. A few years ago I discovered his solo demo of the song, but was disappointed to find that the arrangement is different and he'd added slide guitar.

So what I've done here is take out the slide, organ and whatever to just leave George and guitar, and also edited it so that it resembles the Twickenham version. I did this basically for myself, but I hope you like it too.

Also added is a John-only mix of Imagine I did last year which got a very short window of exposure so most people probably missed it. So in the interest of it not getting lost, here it is again. I like the song much better with just John and piano. I've heard Klaus Voorman say he didn't want to play on it because of that.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-sept-10th
Thank you for the Mama! The Twickenham performance of "I Threw It All Away/Mama You've Been On My Mind" was also on one of the first boots I ever bought, and I loved it ever since I first heard it. When "Early Takes" was announced, I gravitated instantly to that song but the ET version just isn't as sweet as the Twickenham version. Plus, it doesn't have that same Twickenham simplicity... so thank you for restoring that pared-down simplicity here.

When the upcoming LET IT BE box track listing was first detailed, I was really let down that this gem (along with the great John-led "Take This Hammer/Long Lost John/Five Foot High and Rising/Bear Cat/Right String Wrong Yo Yo/Run For Your Life" jam) wasn't included. There's still hope that these songs will appear in the Jackson films... but Apple missed a huge opportunity by not issuing them now.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

It’s possible the absence of these gems plus the rooftop gig from the deluxe set, is because there may well be a soundtrack album to accompany the series.....here’s hoping!