8-tracks

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
maul

Re: 8-tracks

Post by maul »

mitchellmichael wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:07 pm
maul wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:06 pm
mitchellmichael wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Is there a LIB in the Millenium Remaster Series RTR's? If so, could you post please? If not you ianbuckers, someone?
Cheers
Mike
The ''U.S. Reel Collection'' by Millennium Remasters doesn't comprise "LIB"
however if it helps I have UK Let It Be Mono 3 ¾ (TA-PMC 7096) and US Let It Be Stereo 7 ½ (L 3401) by 'dr-winston'
That would be awesome! Did the good doctor do any others?
Cheers
Mike
He did several (I don't remember how many) but I kept only the 'best' :roll: (those of 'good' quality 8-) and without serious pitch problems :o )
I’ll take a look at what I have... but maybe someone might have more (or all) dr-winston's R2R rips :roll:
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

He did several (I don't remember how many) but I kept only the 'best' :roll: (those of 'good' quality 8-) and without serious pitch problems :o )
I’ll take a look at what I have... but maybe someone might have more (or all) dr-winston's R2R rips :roll:
No need for them all of the good doctor would t operate to fix pitch issues. Malpractice!!!! :o :lol:
Cheers
Mike
Mirror Spock

Post by Mirror Spock »

ianbuckers wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:19 am
Mirror Spock wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:16 pm Here's the special Capitol edit of "Money (That's What I Want)" from the Capitol 8-track The Beatles' Second Album 8XT-2080:

hxxps://we.tl/t-hqL1xIU17V

They lop off about 5 seconds in the opening beats of the song. This 8-track also has "And I Love Her" on it, no split songs.
Thank you Mr Spock sir!

Although the rest of the tracks are probably 'normal' do you have a rip of the whole cartridge?
Yes, I have a rip of the whole cartridge, but you know how 8-tracks are: no two plays the same as far as tape contact to head, azimuth, channel crosstalk, flutter, noise, etc. If I can whip it into a decent shape, I'll post it. As you can tell from the track posted, my 8-track player has a high level of noise that is not recorded on the tape. We just got lucky with the Money track wrt crosstalk.
maul

Post by maul »

mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am
No need for them all of the good doctor would t operate to fix pitch issues. Malpractice!!!! :o :lol:
Here is 1970 Let It Be (L 3401, US, Stereo) 4T 7 ½ ips [dr-winston]:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

and here is 1970 Let It Be (TA-PMC 7096, England, Mono) 2T 3 ¾ ips [dr-winston]:

the latter it's interesting since it was believed to contain LIB 'real' mono remixes :o , actually they are all fake-mono (which are still a rarity in EMI releases)

PS: amongst R2R NOT Millenium Remasters, I also have 1969 Abbey Road (L 383) (US Stereo) 4T 7 ½ ips (that I have pitch corrected -2%)
and 1967 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (TA-PMC 7027, England, Mono) 2T 3 ¾ ips by 'Master Of Sounds'
Tubla

Post by Tubla »

I'm still looking for a flac copy of Abbey Road TA-PMC 7088.
I know it's just a fold down of the stereo album but it's the only mono mix of
'Abbey Road' that was originally released by EMI in the UK.
Albert Grove

Post by Albert Grove »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:29 pm Here's my Let It Be 8 track transfer. Another one that sounds pretty good for an 8 track. The only odd thing with this one is the edit on "For You Blue" where it fades out and then back in again because it's at the end of program 3 and beginning of program 4. The other thing that's pretty weird is the song order. As with most of the 8 tracks (and cassette tapes) they had to rearrange the songs to fit each side. Makes for a unique listening experience. I personally like having "One After 909" right after "Two Of Us". Anyway hope you all enjoy this one!

hxxps://we.tl/t-IWQJiViWEl
Could a kind soul please re-up this?
Thank you!
mitchellmichael

Albert Grove wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:28 pm
sirpaulstarling wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:29 pm Here's my Let It Be 8 track transfer. Another one that sounds pretty good for an 8 track. The only odd thing with this one is the edit on "For You Blue" where it fades out and then back in again because it's at the end of program 3 and beginning of program 4. The other thing that's pretty weird is the song order. As with most of the 8 tracks (and cassette tapes) they had to rearrange the songs to fit each side. Makes for a unique listening experience. I personally like having "One After 909" right after "Two Of Us". Anyway hope you all enjoy this one!

Thank you!
I can reup it tomorrow if no one beats me to it.
Mike
Cheers
Mike
mitchellmichael

maul wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:50 am
mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am

and here is 1970 Let It Be (TA-PMC 7096, England, Mono) 2T 3 ¾ ips [dr-winston]:

the latter it's interesting since it was believed to contain LIB 'real' mono remixes :o , actually they are all fake-mono (which are still a rarity in EMI releases)

PS: amongst R2R NOT Millenium Remasters, I also have 1969 Abbey Road (L 383) (US Stereo) 4T 7 ½ ips (that I have pitch corrected -2%)
and 1967 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (TA-PMC 7027, England, Mono) 2T 3 ¾ ips by 'Master Of Sounds'
It would be great if you could share AR and Sgt Pepper, Maul!
Cheers
Mike
Cheers
Mike
maul

Post by maul »

mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:32 pm
maul wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:50 am
mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am No need for them all of the good doctor would t operate to fix pitch issues. Malpractice!!!! :o :lol:
It would be great if you could share AR and Sgt Pepper, Maul!
Cheers
Mike
Here is UK Mono Sgt Pepper: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

and US Stereo Abbey Road: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
(I point out again this R2R is not in its 'original state': it's - 2% pitch corrected ;) )
mitchellmichael

Albert Grove wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Thank you!
Here you go Albert Grove....good for one week...
hxxps://we.tl/t-0dIUPUp68H
Cheers
Mike