June 7th 1972, any recordings?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Mollusk

June 7th 1972, any recordings?

Post by Mollusk »

There's documented pics and proof, along with a "setlist" of sorts of an imprompu performance with 8 songs, basically a full concert.
I'll put the setlist below, along with some pics and a story from someone there.

1. Revolution
2. Give Peace a Chance
3. Roll Over Beethoven
4. In My Life
5. Woman Is The (yknow) Of The World
6. Luck Of The Irish
7. New York City
8. Imagine

"One afternoon in my beach house in Ventura, Calif. (in ’72) as I was writing a song, my
roommate ran up the stairs shouting John Lennon and Yoko were at John’s, a seaside restaurant. We, like made (sic), dashed over there and found him and Yoko playing pool. He was in good spirits at the time, cracking jokes.

Then people started asking him to play some songs, he said he hadn’t any guitar. So somebody said he had one close by and he’d run and get it. John said, “OK, lad, off with you.” He returned with is guitar moments later, John took it and said, “I see a piano here someone play with me.” I had a camera with me so I took a picture. About three people, including my friend Charlie (the one at the piano in the picture), dashed forward for the piano, and Charlie got there first. Little did John know that there happened to be two people there who knew EVERY chord to every
Beatles and post-Beatle song (me & Charlie)...

Standing and playing piano with John Lennon. Lennon shouted out “Revolution, key of A.” With acoustic guitar he did the first guitar lick and where Paul screams on the record Charlie took Paul’s part. Lennon and Yoko did an about face in amazement and looked stunned. During the song he’d yell to Charlie, “really rockin’ Lad.” It made me feel really good to hear that. Charlie knew all the chords. They played songs like, Give Peace A Chance, Roll Over Beethoven, In My life, Woman Is The (yknow) Of The World, Luck Of The Irish, New York City, and Imagine."

Written by Jim Marazzo from St. Paul, Minnesota in a 1976 issue of The Write Thing

So, this brings up the obvious question, is there any audio or even any more pictures from this day out there?

Beatles4you

Re: June 7th 1972, any recordings?

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mollusk

Post by Mollusk »

Mostly the same photos, but still a good link!
lennonology

Post by lennonology »

Charlie Pett, the pianist, is the source of the three photos. I am not aware of any others.

CM