It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
silver_2000

Re: It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

Post by silver_2000 »

Albert Grove wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:15 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:37 pm Heard rumors from people in the unbootlegging world that one of them exists, along with Blackpool 64, Idk what I believe, but at least there is hope..Something about Blackpool 64 Kinescope being played at European Beatle-Fest in the 1980s or something. Maybe thats where the great quality blackpool 64 audio comes from?
Fenno Werkman?
Just looked him up, that is probably who it would be, seems a bit like a character, so who knows. Maybe reach out to him?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:35 am
silver_2000 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 am Now for something a bit different, my main wish for discovering a discarded lost pefromances is to get one of the 1965 Tv Appearances, just so we can get a video for "Yes it is", which because of it being B side to Ticket To Ride single was played on a trio of apperances to promote said single, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Top Of The Pops (Doctor Who one) , and another show, I forget the name, something more obscure. Thank Your Lucky Stars also included a peformance of Eight Days A Week, would be amazing to see the band lip sync and strum along to it, maybe if that was around Apple wouldn't be forced to make they're Shea Stadium montage for 1+..If only!
Yeah, i would love love love to see the mimed clips for 8 Days A Week and Yes It Is. I bet they did the clapping on 8 days like they do on the mimed Postman. There were actually two mimed 8 days - the other was on The Eammon Andrews Show. Ah well.

And then there is their very FIRST tv appearance singting Some Other Guy on people and places. That was live so is gone forever, but wow how strange would that be to see. On the audio John screams out at the end "HELLO MIMI!!" which is pretty funny and I think Paul says "Hi our kid" meaning Mike. I keep hoping that someone somewhere filmed part of it off the tv. Not so far-fetched as some lost clips of Dr Who were filmed off a tv with a clockwork camera.
Postman was only played on Big Night Out 1964, I think, always one of my least fav Beatle TV appearance, don't know why, just not a great setlist.

Some of they're early 63 and late 62 apperances are cool, would be great to see a mimed Ask Me Why, P.S I Love You, Taste Of Honey..etc

Last lost appearance I mention, but always wanted to see Thank Your Luck Stars Summer Spin 64, you get Hard Days Night and Things We Said Today..I just always wondered how A Hard Days Night would be filmed, it could only look cool!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:06 pm LR, I believe on The Eamonn Andrews show: "Ticket To Ride" and "Yes It Is" are mimed but not "Eight Days A Week"; checked my thoughts here:
https://www.beatlesbible.com/1965/04/11 ... rews-show/
Oh yeah right you are. Must have been TYLS.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

What's this 1964 USA Tour Reconstruction? I couldn't find it with the search.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Its around 80% done at this point, there is not a whole bunch of Pre-USA Tour footage, I mainly have to relay on Royal Variety, Drop In and Morecambe and Wise, using all the little new clips/home movies when possible...

I posted a link to a teaser of the upcoming finished video, showing off a mostly finished From Me To You.

What Do YOU think?
silver_2000

Re: It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction (DONE)

Post by silver_2000 »

Finally got this project done, wrote up a little paragraph describing it
-
In 1963, The Beatles toured across Europe, showcasing their talent, skill, and incomparable fame. Despite this, none of their 1963 concerts were ever fully visually recorded, and the one time it was—their December 1963 concert at the Empire Theatre in Liverpool—the recording was promptly discarded, leaving only snippets behind. Fortunately, the full audio of this performance has survived. I set out to visually reconstruct this concert by using every surviving snippet and supplementing the gaps with other visual sources. I incorporated news reports, fan recordings, TV appearances, and anything else I could find. My goal was to use video sources from 1963 or early 1964, and in most cases, I succeeded. However, for "Roll Over Beethoven" and "Boys," I had to rely on a few late 1964 sources. In my view, this reconstruction is the greatest way to experience a Beatles concert from before their American invasion. Watching these various clips and enjoying the raw audio, you can understand why The Beatles took over America with such speed and power.
-
hxxps://we.tl/t-P9wgWwII5m
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

May I be the first to say "well done".

At 21:13, in the lower right hand corner, for just a second or two,
you can see young John Lennon time traveling from 1957 to see the show.
I guess he really did know they were going to the toppermost of the poppermost
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share silver_2000 - Thank you ......
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

That looks fantastic. Thank you so much.
Qwazi

Post by Qwazi »

Well done!!! Enjoyable watch and what a great show! How come no Beatles come to Town footage?

Anyone know why John seems positioned askew on his side of the stage in the actual footage from the event? Something about the Empire? Don’t ever recall seeing that!

Well - brill, wunnerful, wunnerful!!!