The Beatles and Blokker - new documentary (with new footage?)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Gredel21

Re: The Beatles and Blokker - new documentary (with new footage?)

Post by Gredel21 »

Thank you for the new footage. Any idea if the language can be changed to English ???

Thanks
Greg
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

1822 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:31 am Dutch regional news outlet NH (NH referring to the province of Noord-Holland) will broadcast a documentary later today (May 24) at 17:10 local time (CET).

I won’t translate the whole article (link below) but the main attraction (to me anyway) is new footage; it seems secretly taped audio though the piece also mentions visuals in a subhead (by mistake I think).

Article:
https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/336261/6 ... cumentaire

Link to access the NH TV channel (I hope):
https://www.nhnieuws.nl/media

Hope someone can grab this (I lack the skills to do that).
I managed to grab the documentary and the trailer with a Firefox add-on. Thanks so much for the alert! :D
We all bleed blue from the inside....
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share - Thank you .....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

As with the 50th anniversary Blokker special, I have no idea what anybody is saying! I was dismayed that there aren't even Dutch subtitles on the web player. So much for accessibility! Clearly there are no deaf people in Holland.

Can somebody run the audio through Whisper and give us a translated script please? :)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

OK, so I had a go at getting Premiere Pro to transcribe and create Dutch subs, then got Google Translate to translate those subs to English and then added the subs to the video. I have hard burned the subs in, purely because we already have a Dutch language version. There is a spot where the original video has subs in Dutch and I'm afraid the new subs are on top and may be hard to read.

I speak no Dutch, so how accurate these subs are I do not know, but I'm optimistic. I made a few corrections based on sight (it was citing Duvel Mania, and while that's a fine beer, it seemed unlikely). I have also uploaded the Dutch and translated .txt files the captions are from, so if any Dutch speakers want to update, please do and I'll reburn.

hxxps://we.tl/t-zrfbAFBHjV
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:01 pm As with the 50th anniversary Blokker special, I have no idea what anybody is saying! I was dismayed that there aren't even Dutch subtitles on the web player. So much for accessibility! Clearly there are no deaf people in Holland.

Can somebody run the audio through Whisper and give us a translated script please? :)
The Netherlands were very important for the career of the Beatles. If you want to know more, watch this clip (in English!!!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3AMkjrl7fk

Post by 1822 »

fabwill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:59 am OK, so I had a go at getting Premiere Pro to transcribe and create Dutch subs, then got Google Translate to translate those subs to English and then added the subs to the video. I have hard burned the subs in, purely because we already have a Dutch language version. There is a spot where the original video has subs in Dutch and I'm afraid the new subs are on top and may be hard to read.

I speak no Dutch, so how accurate these subs are I do not know, but I'm optimistic. I made a few corrections based on sight (it was citing Duvel Mania, and while that's a fine beer, it seemed unlikely). I have also uploaded the Dutch and translated .txt files the captions are from, so if any Dutch speakers want to update, please do and I'll reburn.

hxxps://we.tl/t-zrfbAFBHjV
Wow, impressive.

I am sadly from the land of cheese & clogs so I speak gutteral, will try and have a watch & listen, but I won’t be able to do so fast/quick so if someone else wants to have a crack, by my guest.

Thanks again!

Post by 1822 »

MeanMrMustard100 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:50 pm And here is the complete Dutch broadcast :

Het wonder van Blokker

hxxps://we.tl/t-QejNDD5Z8F
Thanks so much !
JosRem

Re: The Beatles OZ - new documentary (with new footage?)

Post by JosRem »

One Night Only: The Beatles in Oz Live and Remastered
Format mp4 720p

Preview
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lamrT4NLcDo

download
hxxps://we.tl/t-e85O1Zb2er
link 7 days
MeanMrMustard100

Post by MeanMrMustard100 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:01 pm As with the 50th anniversary Blokker special, I have no idea what anybody is saying! I was dismayed that there aren't even Dutch subtitles on the web player. So much for accessibility! Clearly there are no deaf people in Holland.

Yeah, it's because it's was broadcasted on a local television and not national. We do have subtitles on most programs.