Let It Be (1970 Film / New Transfer of 1981 Magnetic Video VHS)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
elvislennon

Re: Let It Be (1970 Film / New Transfer of 1981 Magnetic Video VHS)

Post by elvislennon »

hxxps://mega.nz/file/7nI3GCLB#OsJcc9ujd ... lN32J9vlzA
This is what I was told was the Laserdisc version of Let It Be. It looks like it was just a VHS Copy put on Laserdisc to me.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

beatles2me wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:32 am Thank you :mrgreen:
I am not for sure if it is the Laserdisc version or not. I converted it to video format from DVD. It has 17 Chapters. I am not sure where I got it from. I may of got it from a friend of mine who collected video that is rare. I do know he had several copies of it. I would like scan copies of the Videodisc and Laserdisc covers. I am going to make DVD Covers of them for people here. Also the labels on the Laserdisc. Going to use it for DVD labels for them.
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

I was just wondering on this one. Not sure if this has been asked or has been posted. Anyone have a copy of the Betamax version. I would like it if you do. Actually any of Beatles related would be welcomed here.
therowdyman

Post by therowdyman »

elvislennon wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:32 am hxxps://mega.nz/file/7nI3GCLB#OsJcc9ujdZ_mVJfRsvD_8fVQDwM8hCRcYlN32J9vlzA
This is what I was told was the Laserdisc version of Let It Be. It looks like it was just a VHS Copy put on Laserdisc to me.
This is from a VHS bootleg which was a VHS recording of the 1981 US Laserdisc. I know because this bootleg was my go-to copy of Let It Be until I bought a Laserdisc player and an official LD. It even has the same "Side One" transition at 46:19 and cut to side two (which is Paul and John talking).

The image quality on the LD is MUCH sharper and doesn't have the VHS colour bleed. Again, here is a sample from the Maxwell Silver Hammer scene from the US Magnetic Home Video Laserdisc.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZonJt2gYJ8

I haven't done a full transfer of the LD. This was a test I did a long time ago via a DVD-R combo with some deinterlacing software. The image has some artifacts, that are more to do with how the video was compressed than the actual picture quality.