fvallejt

Re: re:(RAM: Paul McCartney) - phase corrected version-NEW UPLOAD 20-5-24 remix

Post by fvallejt »

Thank you very much!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 am
Xairian wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 am Thanks for this. Any info on this remix? Source used and what exactly was done? Is this a "phase corrected" version?
:D Hi there- Please refer to Page one, earlier on in this thread- and my notes third post down, for more information and - yes this is the "phase corrected version" that was my original source and was re-mixed from stems that were sent to me.. Obviously, not the "studio multi-track originals" though (Hah ha.. :roll: .)
This mix of "RAM" is fantastic. :o
Did you use A.I tools as an "assistant" to correct selectively the phasing problems ?
I'm totally mesmerized after having listen with headphones to the "Backseat of My Car" (all these voices and harmonies; the orchestra... is pure bliss). This song is Pet sounds/Smile standard. One of my favorite with "1985".
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:55 pm
fishbeardsunset wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 am
Xairian wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 am Thanks for this. Any info on this remix? Source used and what exactly was done? Is this a "phase corrected" version?
:D Hi there- Please refer to Page one, earlier on in this thread- and my notes third post down, for more information and - yes this is the "phase corrected version" that was my original source and was re-mixed from stems that were sent to me.. Obviously, not the "studio multi-track originals" though (Hah ha.. :roll: .)
This mix of "RAM" is fantastic. :o
Did you use A.I tools as an "assistant" to correct selectively the phasing problems ?
I'm totally mesmerized after having listen with headphones to the "Backseat of My Car" (all these voices and harmonies; the orchestra... is pure bliss). This song is Pet sounds/Smile standard. One of my favorite with "1985".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rupert :D thanks for your comments (much appreciated :) Let me try and dispel some of the "myths" surrounding my version. Essentially, a dear friend of mine (who sadly passed away from Covid 19! and shortly after I had mixed the album in Dec 2021,) had sent me the individual stems" from what I believed to be; were "produced" from the Remasters Workshop RMW 756 cd (2011) and which was already Pitch and phase corrected from the CD-ref: DCC GZS-1037 and which was the cd "remastered" by Steve Hoffman in May 1992 or 93

Unfortunately- I then had a catastrophic hard drive failure and lost tons of music files.. as I didn't back them up :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
So,I didn't have a reference point to compare these audio files to ascertain if the phasing problem had been eliminated at that time (2021)

As I recall, and it was a long while back now- but I used his stems as my "source material"- and used various techniques that I have more or less "invented" by experimentation or by trial and error/by accident and "mix" purely by ear... If it sounds ok, then I will upload it having spent countless hours listening to the end results. The irony of all this it is that if my version had not been "phase corrected" then no doubt more eminent "mixers" here on the forum would have shot me down in flames- however judging by the many comments that have been made over the years it would appear that I must have got something right 8-)

Slightly off topic, but quite relevant - The other album that I gave the same "RAM" treatment to was : "John Lennon's Mind Games"- (that I remixed in Oct 2021) and I also uploaded a few tracks here on May 9th for this thread: (bottom of page 2) but links have expired now
So if anyone wants to hear the full L.P. again please let me know and I will happily re-up it _ Thanks fishbeardsunset :D
viewtopic.php?t=9065&start=10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES
Notes: https://mail.45worlds.com/cdalbum/cd/rmw756

One final thought..Pitch and phase corrected from the CD on DCC GZS-1037 (1993)....
"The recording is out of phase. It can't be fixed." - Steve Hoffman
"Yes, it can." - The people who designed the phase correction feature in Adobe Audition 3, sixteen years later.
This CD is proof.(Remasters Workshop RMW 756)
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

I do not know, about this edition

Love Meat City, on LP & 45 was great in 1973,

But since, it was shortened, & No 45 Mix, on every CD version

They cut out John's comments at the ending, the best stuff

The 2000's remixes were good, except the end of Meat City

Probably John's hardest rock song, along with Do The Oz
fishbeardsunset

jpgrcat1960 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:06 am I do not know, about this edition

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi... As far as I can ascertain "Meat City" version 1973 is 4 seconds longer at 2:52 as opposed to 2:48 on the other recordings
as it ends with with "Who is that" but, on the longer 1973 version he adds :"and why are they doing those strange things?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never noticed this before having listened to various remastered editions :roll:
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thank you so much!
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:33 pm
jpgrcat1960 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:06 am I do not know, about this edition

Hi... As far as I can ascertain "Meat City" version 1973 is 4 seconds longer at 2:52 as opposed to 2:48 on the other recordings
as it ends with with "Who is that" but, on the longer 1973 version he adds :"and why are they doing those strange things?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never noticed this before having listened to various remastered editions :roll:
When the CD came out around late 80's onwards 'Those strange things', left off, which to me made it more interesting
Nagasadow

Post by Nagasadow »

Just curious...even the stereo mix from the Archive Collection (May 22, 2012) is OOP???
If you try to fail, and you succeed, which have you done?
George Carlin
dwsiddall1966

Post by dwsiddall1966 »

Alas I was a few days late for the new 5/20/24 upload.

May I humbly ask for a re-up?

Thanks!
fishbeardsunset

dwsiddall1966 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:09 pm Alas I was a few days late for the new 5/20/24 upload.

May I humbly ask for a re-up?

Thanks!
Hi there, as requested New LINK available see Page 1 of thread

Enjoy 8-)