Paperback Writer acetate

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Amoos Bouche

Paperback Writer acetate

Post by Amoos Bouche »

In the spirit of TFI I thought I would repay the generosity of so many people and post this little item. I owned this many years ago and before I ended my custodianshop I took a tape copy. This tape recently surfaced after it disappeared into a box during a house move. To my tainted ears it sounds like the production copy. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/60c9eaf ... 4d5dd50439
Imagine all the people living life in peace
Phil_Lip

Re: Paperback Writer acetate

Post by Phil_Lip »

Thanks for sharing.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

Sounds really good :D
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks !!!!
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Thanks for posting this! I was going to send you a PM, but the board kept giving me an Internal Server Error. Here is the track slowed down to match the cv, and a pass of NR for the tape hiss. I hope you like it!

hxxps://we.tl/t-Ae9fMHHTDp

Best regards,
mojo
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

Thanks everybody! Sounds exactly like the final mono mix to me.
Ray Volution

Post by Ray Volution »

I love the sound of this! Thank you!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Ray Volution

Post by Ray Volution »

Just for fun I fixed that little skip at 1:30 by splicing in that same section from my cassette of my old Capitol 45 that I bought when it was current.
hxxps://we.tl/t-0RnQYDr4ZP
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Moptop

Post by Moptop »

Cheers Amoos Bouche .

Could you confirm some more details about the acetate label, Dick James, EMIDisc , Capitol, or AN Other.

I think I have only seen an image of one other cut and that was Brian's copy (EMIDisc)

TIA Chris
Amoos Bouche

Post by Amoos Bouche »

mojofilter wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:03 am Thanks for posting this! I was going to send you a PM, but the board kept giving me an Internal Server Error. Here is the track slowed down to match the cv, and a pass of NR for the tape hiss. I hope you like it!

hxxps://we.tl/t-Ae9fMHHTDp

Best regards,
mojo
Hi Mojofilter sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Bank holiday weekend and I've been left alone at home on my own with the dog, paintbrushes and strict instructions to paint and varnish the bannisters. Good news I can play my Beatles as loud and as long as I want (neighbours allowing).

I deliberately didn’t touch the recording as my digital skills are no way as good as so many of you. It sounds loads better. I forgot to mention that this was recorded from a mono Emi Disc Acetate the UK release, and as far as I know this hasn’t popped up anywhere but I may be wrong.

For those interested I purchased it from a second hand shop in Rainford Gardens just off Mathew Street, the owner was a friend who kept back this and two promo vinyl 45’s (can’t remember the songs). Sadly my pennies only allowed me to buy the acetate or the two promo’s. Acetate easily won no contest. In those days you didn’t have to sell your soul to get decent rarities.
So thank you to everyone and I’m glad this is now out in the world for the rest of the Beatelaholics.

Many thanks,

Amoos (Have you herd the word). :)
Imagine all the people living life in peace