Hitachi

Re: Beatles Original Anthology TV Broadcasts

Post by Hitachi »

Thanks mate. Looking forward to them.
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

Time for part 3...
No adverts during this one, and no continuity at the start, but it looks like a pretty problem-free capture.

hxxps://we.tl/t-6IF0U0bFrt

So just part 1 to locate and capture now. I might not get a chance to do any more on the Anthology until early next week. I've got a paid VHS capture to do, so that will obviously have to take priority.

There is also the small matter of taking care of my other obsession. I HAVE to record Doctor Who which starts on Saturday.
This weekend my two life-long fandoms clash as The Doctor meets The Beatles.
Like most things where actors portray The Beatles, I probably won't be able to accept them as the boys. I'm just too familiar with the real thing!

It must be a tough job to cast people to play four such recognisable, magnetic and charismatic characters. No matter how well you cast, you'll be lucky to put across a fraction of the charm of real Beatles. :)
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

is there any chance that the UK adverts and continuities will be there? like the ones at the end of this video?

Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

astronaut wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:45 pm is there any chance that the UK adverts and continuities will be there? like the ones at the end of this video?
Afraid not
I didn't record any ITV adverts or trails for the Anthology. There's nothing like that on the tapes and although I recorded a lot around that time, we were always a mostly BBC household, so It's very unlikely I'll have caught anything by chance.

Sorry.

I think the continuity announcement on my capture of part 1 is fairly complete, but there aren't anything like the trail in the Youtube video.

I'm just capturing part 1 now, but I don't know that I'll have enough time to compress and upload it before I have to leave home for a few days once again.
I'll post it as soon as I can.
Last edited by Guru-Deva on Sun May 19, 2024 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

Guru-Deva wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am Time for part 3...
No adverts during this one, and no continuity at the start, but it looks like a pretty problem-free capture.
damn, I missed part 3. any chance of a reup?
remember when you were in The Beatles? and the song goes, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make”? You.. you remember that?

Yes.

Uh.. is that true?

Yes, Chris. In my experience I find, the more you give, the more you get.
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

GP10Ellison wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 pm
Guru-Deva wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am Time for part 3...
damn, I missed part 3. any chance of a reup?

Well yes, no problem, but....
I didn't keep the compressed files, so although I'm more than happy to post it again, I'll have to make a new copy from the master and that will take my old computer a while. It would be quicker for you if someone can re-up their compressed download.

If nobody else can help, I'll re-post it, but it might be a day or four before I can get to it.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

Guru-Deva wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pm
astronaut wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:45 pm is there any chance that the UK adverts and continuities will be there? like the ones at the end of this video?
Afraid not
I didn't record any ITV adverts or trails for the Anthology. There's nothing like that on the tapes and although I recorded a lot around that time, we were always a mostly BBC household, so It's very unlikely I'll have caught anything by chance.

Sorry.

I think the continuity announcement on my capture of part 1 is fairly complete, but there aren't anything like the trail in the Youtube video.
No problem, thanks a lot!
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

Guru-Deva wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:28 pm Well yes, no problem, but....
I didn't keep the compressed files, so although I'm more than happy to post it again, I'll have to make a new copy from the master and that will take my old computer a while. It would be quicker for you if someone can re-up their compressed download.

If nobody else can help, I'll re-post it, but it might be a day or four before I can get to it.
No rush.
remember when you were in The Beatles? and the song goes, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make”? You.. you remember that?

Yes.

Uh.. is that true?

Yes, Chris. In my experience I find, the more you give, the more you get.