EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Hannibal Starr

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by Hannibal Starr »

Many Thanks alphabeatles
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks much !!
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

Thanks much!!
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

alphabeatles wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 pm Plowing through all of these redundant releases of the same Lagos stuff, for my collection I am going with Inner Groove's version. In a couple of cases (mainly Helen Wheels) a couple of seconds were missing in the intros, but I restored those to his from one of the others' sets. I like his EQ the best.

I also noticed RalseiDeltarune's version is at 16/96 for some reason (seemingly from 16/44 source).

Next, to weed down the 3 versions of the Sound Effects to one winner!
Thanks for letting me know about the EQ improvement. I agree that Inner Groove's version has the best sound. However, I noticed that it's missing the first 8 seconds of Helen Wheels take 2 (even on his latest update from Tuesday). I haven't checked the other tracks yet but I really hope he can fill in any missing gaps since I really like the sound of his version! :D
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pmI noticed that it's missing the first 8 seconds of Helen Wheels take 2 (even on his latest update from Tuesday). I haven't checked the other tracks yet but I really hope he can fill in any missing gaps since I really like the sound of his version! :D
Most other tracks seemed complete at the beginning when compared to the others except one, missing a tiny blip which I also restored (IIRC it was 04 Mrs. Vandebilt).
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm
HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pmI noticed that it's missing the first 8 seconds of Helen Wheels take 2 (even on his latest update from Tuesday). I haven't checked the other tracks yet but I really hope he can fill in any missing gaps since I really like the sound of his version! :D
Most other tracks seemed complete at the beginning when compared to the others except one, missing a tiny blip which I also restored (IIRC it was 04 Mrs. Vandebilt).
Thanks you for the additional info! :D I'm creating my own version as well using Inner Groove's Lagos Tape tracks along with the better MC remixes and HMC's "Hello Piccadilly" and "French Broadcaster". I didn't hear any sound improvements on HMC for the instrumental mixes and the Dustin Hoffman tape. Seems like only 1 disc is needed so I'm not sure why 2-3 disc sets were offered. I would rather have the new Girlschool material on a 1977 sessions disc...hopefully one will come out soon. :mrgreen:
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 pm
Thanks you for the additional info! :D I'm creating my own version as well using Inner Groove's Lagos Tape tracks along with the better MC remixes and HMC's "Hello Piccadilly" and "French Broadcaster". I didn't hear any sound improvements on HMC for the instrumental mixes and the Dustin Hoffman tape. Seems like only 1 disc is needed so I'm not sure why 2-3 disc sets were offered. I would rather have the new Girlschool material on a 1977 sessions disc...hopefully one will come out soon. :mrgreen:
You're welcome!

The real fun is dumping all these bare tracks in sets into a single folder for each and letting them have a death match! Only the best survives!

The sound effects tapes were easy, they all seemed to sound the same.
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm
HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 pm

You're welcome!

The real fun is dumping all these bare tracks in sets into a single folder for each and letting them have a death match! Only the best survives!

The sound effects tapes were easy, they all seemed to sound the same.
I thought the MC sounded the best...until I read your post and then I gave the Inner Groove set another chance...glad I did! Thank you again! :D
innergroove

Post by innergroove »

OK here we go. The final Inner Groove version. Just the Lagos mixes. Missing seconds of chat restored. Satisfaction guaranteed. Feel free to add the SFX tracks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing