Beatles Original Anthology TV Broadcasts

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Hitachi

Re: Beatles Original Anthology TV Broadcasts

Post by Hitachi »

Guru-Deva wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 pm OK, I've captured part 5, but there was a major bump in the road.

Everything looked about the same as part 4 until around 37 minutes in when there was a massive head clog and the picture goes entirely.
It gradually recovers, but still isn't back to normal by the end. Damn those crumbly old Sony tapes!
Here is part 5 anyway. The first 37 minutes should be OK. The last 13 minutes not so much.

https://www.filemail.com/d/tvdmdruohhysgsa

There is no continuity at the start this time (in fact the opening is slightly clipped), and no adverts. That's how it is on the tape.
Let's hope for better results from part 6.
Thanks once again. I've begun watching and analysing Part 4 and it's making my head spin as it seems the UK version is missing some parts that the Aussie version had!! If that is the case then that means that the UK, Aussie and the US version were all different!! Surely it has to do with each countries running times and the amount of TV ads they needed in their broadcasts. I can't think of another reason for all this editing. Someone at Apple had a hell of a job in the editing department that's for sure. Can you imagine the discussion..."We need to lose 5 mins in Episode 4".. "I don't like Ringo much so lets get rid of his parts" etc etc.
Unless those missing bits are actually at the end of part 3. So far it looks like 3 bits of footage are missing in Part 4 of the UK broadcast. Those being:
"Rubber Soul" (Photo Montage using "Drive My Car"/"Nowhere Man") (01:31 mins)
"Norwegian Wood" (Photo Montage) (01:03 Mins)
"Yellow Submarine" (Home Movie Swimming Pool Footage) (01:57 Mins)
I'm hoping these are actually in Part 3 which is possible as Part 4 has nothing on "Rubber Soul" and begins with the subject of getting sick and tired of touring and then into "Revolver". Looking forward to more parts. Thanks again!
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

I have US Original 1995 "Beatles Anthology" TV Broadcasts on Canadian TV uncut taped at my high school VHS and never watched them again as they were taped at home AV teacher liked the Beatles

I tried my buddy's VHS to DVD recorder but he lost the remote

any ideas? 15 years ago I had a video capture card I wouldn't know what uses today
Chris
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Buy a universal remote? Often quite cheap on Amazon or the Chinese shops.
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

The capture for part 6 is done.

No problems this time. I only kept one eye on the playback while I was doing other things, but didn't notice anything wrong.
No adverts again on this one.

hxxps://we.tl/t-aXXGQuTmTq

I've found a tape labelled "Anthology 2 + 3" so if the contents match the label, I'll post 2 and 3 soon.
It's on a Panasonic XP which were usually more reliable than Sony tapes. Hopefully that means decent captures.
Last edited by Guru-Deva on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

I've got the original UK VHS release boxed set, but the taped off ITV at the time are long gone. I've got a VHS to HD/DVD so can convert them if need be.
Quinto Beatle

Post by Quinto Beatle »

evenswr wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:47 pm
Hitachi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:29 am Also if anyone has the Australian TV broadcast that they can upload that would be great as well.
Here's the Australian broadcast on SAS-7 :

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/514ETQYY#d9pBYrCjUFTdqBIOtGJYOw
Not valid link :(
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

I imagine the end game is a composite of all the material from the various TV broadcasts and Video Tape, Laser and DVD?

If so, are any other sources being considered? such as
The Directors Cut
Living in the Material World
2009 Remasters mini-documentaries
McCartney 3,2,1
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

Here is part two of the UK version.

hxxps://we.tl/t-GC9Af51GEm

This one has adverts prior and during and I've left all of that in.

All being well, part 3 will be coming soon.