Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Rickenbacker325

Re: Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am
plasticsoul wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:15 pm At this stage of the game, all I would love to see is a complete Rooftop performance, minus all the chit chat with taxi drivers and office secretaries down on the street below and not presented with migraine inducing 6 split screens where your eyes dart all over the screen.. Please. Can it be that difficult..?
No, as it's already been done! :)
hxxps://tinyurl.com/4znz5j55

THIS should have been the 4th disc in the physical set!
And of all the versions out there…this is by far the best one…in my opinion of course..
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

CharlesHawtrey wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:16 pm
Maccawings wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm Yes, we did get the video, but the audio was lost as an official release sadly
https://music.apple.com/us/album/get-ba ... 1606897206

Which is great for people who stream, but originally it was going to be a physical cd in the LIB box
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

plasticsoul wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:15 pm At this stage of the game, all I would love to see is a complete Rooftop performance, minus all the chit chat with taxi drivers and office secretaries down on the street below and not presented with migraine inducing 6 split screens where your eyes dart all over the screen.. Please. Can it be that difficult..?

Excuse me but, which one is this version? and which one is the best? Other than the Get Back Work Camp Version -of course-?
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 am

Excuse me but, which one is this version? and which one is the best? Other than the Get Back Work Camp Version -of course-?
No idea. It’s the version I’ve watched and really enjoyed! 🤓
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
MacaRock

Post by MacaRock »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 am

That is the best version IMO. Impressive work done there
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I guess Apple must not want to invest any extra cash into this considering that it's 2 weeks away and we've got no trailer.
GLCompany

Post by GLCompany »

This is the original press text, nothing about extra's etc. Just the original film, restored that is.
BURBANK, Calif. (April 16) – Today, Disney+ announced that “Let It Be,” director Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s original 1970 film about The Beatles, will launch exclusively on Disney+ May 8, 2024. This is the first time the film is available in over 50 years.
:oops: Nothing special, what a pity
Somnar

Post by Somnar »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:30 pm
Apple lost the negative to MMT so what they released in 2012 was a print and thus had faded colors.
There was no negatives for MMT as it was shot with a special type of Kodak film the name of which escapes me but the film in the camera literally becomes the positive.

But the MMT bluray is an abomination to be sure. It looked great in Anthology but the released film just has no life to it and some really bizarre colour timing. It's also made juddery by transcoding 25fps to 59.97. The iTunes release at least was at 25 (same for 1+)
Yes, it was apparently shot on 16mm Kodak Ektachrome color reversal. Which is crazy - no idea idea why they would've made that choice.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Because Ektachrome was the de facto standard for cheap for-tv filming, eg what a mobile crew would use to gather film for the 9 o’clock news... People keep approaching this (and LIB as I pointed out earlier) from a movie perspective while we’re talking two for-tv productions that only later were released as movies.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

harrylime wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:33 pm Because Ektachrome was the de facto standard for cheap for-tv filming, eg what a mobile crew would use to gather film for the 9 o’clock news... People keep approaching this (and LIB as I pointed out earlier) from a movie perspective while we’re talking two for-tv productions that only later were released as movies.
It's pretty cynical to crop stuff isn't it. I mean, Star Trek Next Generation was rescanned in HD 4:3 and you see it on HDTV all the time with black bars at the sides. They should just tell Disney to f**k off. It's a bit like making a youtube video of all Van Gogh's paintings, and cropping them to 16:9 :roll:

10 days until the Steve Hoffman Forum goes into meltdown...
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene