EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
fvallejt

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by fvallejt »

I have the same message when trying to download

Thanks for the upload. Hope it can be solved.
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:46 pm Thought I'd take a crack at it.

Available for 7 days.
hxxps://we.tl/t-Muu055hOSd

Sources used:
Merseyside's BOTR Lagos Tapes (CD2/CD1)
Ultimate Archive Collection

Tracks have been re-EQ'd from the unprocessed version and patched accordingly using the remastered version. Underdubbed tracks have also been re-EQ'd. Includes two remastered tracks taken from the Ultimate Archive Collection.
I missed this
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

fvallejt wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm I have the same message when trying to download

Thanks for the upload. Hope it can be solved.
The individual Beatles all wrote songs about this: "Piggies", "It Don't Come Easy", "How?" and "Too Many People"...
innergroove

Post by innergroove »

Last edited by innergroove on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mikec

Post by mikec »

TAKRL wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 am mikec, your comparative verification is interesting, but I have a few questions.
For example, I noted that MC's BOTR is patched from the Underdubbed Mix, why don't you verify that?
Also, the Omega Auction description states "Not yet linked together" for BOTR parts 1&2. This implies that the tracks have not yet been edited together like the Underdubbed Mix, but you seem to be ignoring that.
Then you seem to think that the tape speed of HMC/MC source is absolutely correct, but HMC/MC runs a bit faster than Underdubbed Mix.
Kind regards, “There will be an answer”, maybe not coming from the Light House ;)
First thing first, not ignoring anything, it was already commented a few pages back I think but we can add it below too.

I can safely say that I DON'T think the speed on the original Emerick tape and on both HMC/MC is correct, IT IS the correct speed registered on that tape and you can read that on my second review before this, on which we used the original sample from OMEGA (without manipulating anything, at the right speed directly from Emerick's tape and also confirmed by our private collector matching both HMC and MC; which in reality I got two PM from two different private collectors saying they got the full tape, only one decide to cooperate with us to verify things but now saying that I should stop “pleasing fans of bootleggers”), hope you could verify it by yourself. But now you have giving us another clue about why the Merseyside tape was manipulated: they tried to match the speed of the official Underdubbed (whose Rough Mixes come from two different tapes and from a different transfer made a month later at a different place, plus the fact that MPL did fixed issues like speed, EQ before releasing an official product) without verifying first the speed of the official samples from the September tape, bad choice.
And now, thanks to you, I think to know why they did that (Merseyside), to try to sell his product as: “we got the real raw tape which even runs at a different speed from the other two releases, because ours is the real one”.
Again, bad choice without verifying against the real tape or the sample (available publicly at the OMEGA site).

I’ve posted answers to your comments, weeks ago at this same space.
The info posted by OMEGA about "not yet linked together" was misleading. It doesn't mean: there's an abrupt CUT on the tape (made by one of the sources who first got a copy of the Lagos tape way before it went to auction -similar to the SHEA STADIUM 65 auction tape that someone bought “under the water” directly from the owner of the tape, before it went to auction and sold it to HMC after the auction, of course the actual buyers from both Lagos and Shea tapes are the ones that should be pissed off-, around a year before and from where all the rest of the dubs came from, the same source who also made the deal with HMC to release the rest of the Emerick Omega tapes including two more tapes of unreleased rehearsals that (to date) haven't go to auction but will be released on Bootleg by HMC at a proper time), but that there was no orchestral link between the two parts (on the official version, between parts 1 and 2 you can only hear an orchestra, no drums or guitars, however on the two available Rough Mixes coming from the same take, we can hear Wings keep playing between the two parts, that's what Omega was not clear about and a thing many of you seems to be also not clear about “not linked together”, but what you hear on Bootlegs is a CUT on the tape, and that for you means not linked together?.

Let me save you time reading the whole bla bla bla explanation below with fresh and final info from a generous collector. The ORIGINAL Lagos tape that was sold in auction has NO cuts during “Mamunia” and “Band on the Run”. The tape that ended up on at least four silver pressed bootlegs to date comes from at least THREE different sub-copies derived from one “bad burn” of the same transfer that some private collectors bought several months before the tape was sold in auction. One of those private collectors did a copy for another collector, editing “Band on the Run” to not give the full tape it seems, and another one did another copy from that edited version, etc etc, during this voyage one of the guys who did a copy had a bad/old CD burner (or did a super fast burn ), and that copy resulted with “digital noises” (cliks) during small segments of “Mamunia” (almost three seconds) and “Marc Bolan Session” (not related to Paul or Wings Session) and THAT’S the “Master” copy from where all Bootlegs came, with more copies or derivations of this copy directly from this bad master as –for example- we can hear a digital noise on the Merseyside label at the intro for “Band on the Run” that’s not on the original tape, the Omega sample and both HMC and MC, so, the source that Merseyside used also was another “bad rip” at some point (that and the fact that they changed the speed of all tracks).

The Bootleggers were offered with the Lagos tape at this stage (digital noises and a cut on one song). HMC patched Mamunia using the October 73 Rough Mix to cover (remove) the digital clicks, and MC patched Band on the Run (thanks TRACK06 for making me verify it) using the October 73 Rough Mix; Merseyside copied the same version from Misterclaudel with a smaller patch on Mamunia also removing those seconds of digital noise but missing one second of the actual performance, and copied HMC’s Band on the Run with the cut “thinking” that “not linked together” means there’s a cut on that tape.
Here is Mamunia with the digital noise that was “patched” on HMC and omitted from MC and Merseyside, so, the real “raw tape” does have complete Mamunia, and Merseyside label did NOT obtained any “original raw tape” but a copy of a copy of a copy derived from the ones obtained by HMC and MC:

Rough Mix 1 from September 1973 and Rough Mix 2 from October 1973 of “Band on the Run” are only "linked together" per say, by Wings keeping playing, and not “linked together” as the released version from where Wings stop, the orchestra comes in and the second part comes from a clean start with the acoustic guitar. That and that thanks to a private collector confirmed us there's NO cut and the track continues the very same way as the “Underdubbed” official release.

The thing is, the official time for BAND ON THE RUN posted by OMEGA (you can go to their website to very times track by track) from the September Rough Mix is 5:20. How can many of you over and over and over may think that the 5:14 version with the cut in between the two parts is the real “not linked yet” version?
If you check label by label, the HMC source is only 5:14 because of the cut and abrupt silence at the end, Merseyside runs at a different speed but at the right one, the total length is 5:15, MC is also 5:15 and with the patch adding the missing 5 seconds the total is 5:20, so there you have the 5:20 total length for this track as described at the OFFICIAL press release, we are not making up things but we haven’t got the full unedited track yet, that’s true sadly.
The lengths for all of the other tracks listed by OMEGA also matches the times pretty close to both HMC (except Band on the Run) and MC; and when someone fix the Merseyside version, we can add it too.

Most important, the total length for the tape is described under the OMEGA SITE, LOT 284 as “30 minutes
https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 8&pn=6&g=1

Our private collector told us that the total length of his dub is 29 minutes and 57 seconds. None of the Bootlegs released so far have that total time but we are mostly missing tape noise and the Emerick sounds of the tape starting at the begging of Mamunia described in my previous review, plus the complete “Mamunia” and the complete “Band”. And even with proof coming from the OFFICIAL web site of the auction, some people keep thinking that the cut during the middle of “Band on the Run” is the “not yet linked together” real bit , or now that both HMC and MC are at the wrong speed and Merseyside is correct one, when by simply verifying with the samples we can see the contrary (and now we got confirmation that the Merseyside label tried to match the speed of the official “Underdubbed” release which comes from a completely different batch of tapes); always trying to find more and more things when our reviews are based on facts, as good as I can make them, with mistakes of course that others have pointed out to make things better. (You can read that in my reviews posted at the Daily Beatle and other places like here, that I do as a fan not as a worker of the Record Company, are mostly in favor of the Bootleg releases when the official release contains the same tracks, my job doing the reviews is fair, not “pay reviews” in favor or against some, that includes official stuff and Bootleg labels. I’ve been contacted many times by the Lennon Estate (and now I’m blocked from their Fabecbook), to remove my reviews from The Daily Beatle because they didn’t “pay me” for that or hired me for that (Roger from Daily Beatle is also part of this community so he can verify this as he was the one in charge of editing and deleting what the Lennon Estate wanted to be removed), plus the fact that I have pointed out misleading or incorrect info in their official releases (which they agreed, privately, that were wrong and for some, they “blamed” COVID, unbelievable), and I haven’t deleted anything except for one small review cause the job of the Executive Producer was in risk as Sean was mad after he saw it. I’m not intimidated by nobody, so you can keep coming here with your “hate” if you wish, showing the real you behind a “fan”, instead of proposing deeper research or something productive)

Let me add another and final comment to a different topic before moving on to more delightful things, “One Hand Clapping” and “Mind Games” coming for more reviews maybe, instead of this waste of ideas and fights with friends; but one final thing as I’ve seen many times another friend saying that one (or two or three) label is “stealing his videos without any credit” or something like that; first of all, my dearest respect for that labor of restoration of videos that others have posted. The thing about giving or not giving the credits or to watermark the films of others just because now they have a dubbed audio could lend to many hours of talk, but one small history lesson about this particular label “stealing” your Youtube videos: one of the most enjoyable restoration works I love from you is the “1974 Harrison Tour”, well, same as FAB that in the old days used to be called “Fake Apple” or known by the fans like that or “Apple fake label”, that we could buy at the Beatlefest, that one particular label that is “stealing your videos”, was known in the old days as STELLARCRAFT (same as the evolution of Yellow Dog now HMC, or DAP o BFB etc etc) and they also used to sell their stuff same as FAB, on VHS and DVD-R, and your Harrison 1974 Tour restoration (and your Youtube channel) has lots of clips from… that label “stealing your videos” (which they released from a private Harrison collection, also including videos from 1991 I think) and also your watermark below; so in the end, everyone takes stuff from others (official/non official/ among bootleggers etc) to make other projects better, and if you’re using materials from HMC, MC (Stellarcraft), FAB, etc and add a watermark on them and then they took them back from you, is just a circle.

This thread was about a back to back review among the first two labels that released at the same time the unreleased Lagos tapes, if you wanna post official tracks, Atmos, other compilations, your own mixes etc, maybe creating a new thread will be more useful.
The full unedited Lagos tape has yet to see the light of Bootleg release.
Cheers to all.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thank you mikec and everyone who uploaded "The Lagos Tape".
cmi

Post by cmi »

Mike, thanks for clarification once again...

Recently I noticed this cut in 'Mamunia' track, but I thought it was another 'mark' made by the owner of the original source.
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

Available for 7 days.

Sources used:

Tracks have been re-EQ'd from the unprocessed version and patched accordingly using the remastered version. Underdubbed tracks have also been re-EQ'd. Includes two remastered tracks taken from the Ultimate Archive Collection.
anybody had luck to download this one?
MacaRock

Post by MacaRock »

Fungomatto03 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Available for 7 days.

Sources used:

anybody had luck to download this one?
No luck on my side either. Hope it can be fixed soon
webvan

Post by webvan »

I have it on another computer and can re-upload if no one gets to it first.