EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
mikec

Re: EMERICK LAGOS TAPE HMC VS MISTERCLAUDEL

Post by mikec »

Nahhhh, I’ll pass with this “Lagos Tapes” fiasco. I’ll wait for the FIFTH version then, with the true “original raw material” including the Marc Bolan session (in circulation) right after “Drink To Me”, and that’s what you can really call “we obtained the original raw material”.
The Merseyside label is offering the “original tape” but adding one full disk of their “Remaster Version” which in the end, is not the original tape. So, one disk is a waste.
Clearly the same person or group of persons with the tape made different edits, cuts or mixes and started to give them to the Bootleggers, each one receiving a different dub, so we the fans, spend our money little by little buying all the releases if we want something more complete with each new release, very clever but now boring.
HMC (or someone creating a fake release under their name, as I haven't seen this title being offered yet at the usual places) announced another 1-CD version called “Band on the Run Rarities Additional New Edition”, which is the fourth release of the “Lagos tapes”. How many more?
It’s a butchering similar to the Barrett & Trevor Jones tapes.

Image Image
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

mikec wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 pm Clearly the same person or group of persons with the tape made different edits, cuts or mixes and started to give them to the Bootleggers, each one receiving a different dub, so we the fans, spend our money little by little buying all the releases if we want something more complete with each new release, very clever but now boring.
Image Image
Ha! This is exactly what I said was going to happen. How did I know that? :roll: Just like the Barrett tapes all over again.

I've not seen this 1-cd "HMC" version yet, and honestly know nothing about it, but that's

a) entirely predictable, and
b) going to make each and every label involved with these releases angry.
TAKRL

Post by TAKRL »

Indeed, I also remembered John Barrett tapes :roll:
Krussell2021

Post by Krussell2021 »

Many thanks for the details. This does look excellent. I've found a place to purchase it, but unfortunately, they don't ship to the UK. I've written to them asking why. A pity!
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

This HMC looks like a Japanese version...
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

I usually try to wait at least a month or so to give them some time
Krussell2021

Post by Krussell2021 »

Wonder if the Beatles audition tape will see the light of day from the Emerick estate.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

mikec wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 pm Nahhhh, I’ll pass with this “Lagos Tapes” fiasco. I’ll wait for the FIFTH version then, with the true “original raw material” including the Marc Bolan session (in circulation) right after “Drink To Me”, and that’s what you can really call “we obtained the original raw material”.
Where can the Marc Bolan session be found?
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Well, that was swift... Here's an email Misterclaudel sent out this morning to his foreign clients and distributors. Looks like Misterclaudel may be getting out of the Beatles game. This is what we've all been trying to warn people about. We've been warning people NOT to share the new Misterclaudel sets for a reason...

Hello everyone.

Someone upload our new item UNDEDRDUBBED VOL.1 at free download
and othe guy spread the link of that like attachment.

We are selling CDs to customers,
not for providing materials to free downloads.

I don't want to deal with Beatles and solo CDs anymore to foreign countries.
Please do not order Beatles related stuff, it's for domestic customers only.
Other CDs are welcom as always.
ted

Post by ted »

Yup, can't blame them...wish the mods here could have caught this in time / taken that post off.

:evil: