Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Maccawings

Re: Michael Lindsay-Hogg's 'Let It Be' is coming!

Post by Maccawings »

Just wonder if and when the physical release comes, will they add the complete rooftop concert audio that was originally slated for the LIB boxset? Be a good time to revisit it
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

How could anyone know what they were watching in April of 1970?
That's the only time I can say context was even relevant.
Beatles: Let It Refund My Admission!
Some of us were completely bewildered!
And why wasn't Maggie Mae in the movie?
So, if you understand that ...
you weren't really there!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I doubt there'll be a physical release if Disney is involved. Last time, they said "we don't do blurays anymore" and then were pestered into it, but they went ahead and pressed thousands of copies and started selling it BEFORE they got PJ's approval. Duh. And then they were mightily pissed off when PJ said, "the sound and subtitles are wrong, you have to recall it and do it again". So the sour taste of that might cause them to do a complete pass this time.

Hopefully there'll be brighter images and clearer sound, because the original movie is dingy and inaudible most of the time. But it'll be cropped, which sort of ruins it, because it'll mean there's still no (and now never will be) a full frame 4:3 official release aside from the German vhs. It would have been nicer if it was just a normal dvd release from apple, with a widescreen version on one disc and the 4:3 mono priont with the grain on another. Then everybody would be happy. But that seems incredibly unlikely now.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

Disney has started to ramp up their physical media production again, and they have farmed production out to Sony. Chances are, there will be a physical release.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-t ... 30124-1330

Best
Steve
Albert Grove

Post by Albert Grove »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm I doubt there'll be a physical release if Disney is involved. Last time, they said "we don't do blurays anymore" and then were pestered into it, but they went ahead and pressed thousands of copies and started selling it BEFORE they got PJ's approval. Duh. And then they were mightily pissed off when PJ said, "the sound and subtitles are wrong, you have to recall it and do it again". So the sour taste of that might cause them to do a complete pass this time.

Hopefully there'll be brighter images and clearer sound, because the original movie is dingy and inaudible most of the time. But it'll be cropped, which sort of ruins it, because it'll mean there's still no (and now never will be) a full frame 4:3 official release aside from the German vhs. It would have been nicer if it was just a normal dvd release from apple, with a widescreen version on one disc and the 4:3 mono priont with the grain on another. Then everybody would be happy. But that seems incredibly unlikely now.
If they let Criterion do it, we would have these proper.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm Hopefully there'll be brighter images and clearer sound, because the original movie is dingy and inaudible most of the time. But it'll be cropped, which sort of ruins it, because it'll mean there's still no (and now never will be) a full frame 4:3 official release aside from the German vhs. It would have been nicer if it was just a normal dvd release from apple, with a widescreen version on one disc and the 4:3 mono priont with the grain on another. Then everybody would be happy. But that seems incredibly unlikely now.
How do you know it will be cropped?
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

I still don't get the excitement here. Peter Jackson made the project not only watchable, but more exciting. At 8 hours!
This sounds like having a window, breaking the glass, replacing the window with a clean new piece of glass, and then asking to see the broken glass again.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

harrylime wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm Hopefully there'll be brighter images and clearer sound, because the original movie is dingy and inaudible most of the time. But it'll be cropped, which sort of ruins it, because it'll mean there's still no (and now never will be) a full frame 4:3 official release aside from the German vhs. It would have been nicer if it was just a normal dvd release from apple, with a widescreen version on one disc and the 4:3 mono priont with the grain on another. Then everybody would be happy. But that seems incredibly unlikely now.
How do you know it will be cropped?
It’ll definitely be cropped…they just can’t control themselves with that…it has to fill your TV screen…same goes for anything b&w…all has to be colorized…I’m hopeful judging by MLH asking for it to retain its “film” look through…
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Maccawings wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:37 pm Just wonder if and when the physical release comes, will they add the complete rooftop concert audio that was originally slated for the LIB boxset? Be a good time to revisit it
That would be great…but considering some
Mickey Mouse organization is involved I highly doubt that would happen
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I got to see what I believe is an authentic print of the original film about fifteen years ago. The gentleman who owns the print has the authorization to show the film in his private theatre in Studio City once a year. No ticket sales. Invite only. It was an awesome experience. There were about twenty-five of us. No children. No cell phones. Just us and Let It Be.

-Z