Unknown, Let It Be Source

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Rickenbacker325

Re: Unknown, Let It Be Source

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Tex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:30 pm I feel bad for Furmanek. He did so much fantastic visual and audio work for the Beatles and in the end they kicked him to the curb like they did Lewisohn.

Furmanek should have been the one behind all the recent remixes they would be so much better.
Here here! Just because you’re someone’s son doesn’t necessarily mean you’re qualified..
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

jpgrcat1960 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:53 pm I have 1992 Restorations by Ron Furmanek

of Gerry/Pacemakers, Billy J. Kramer, Swinging Blue Jeans

Hollies, Manfred Mann, Freddie/Dreamers & Yardbirds

I prefer his mixes, very very good

He may done some Apple stuff, not sure
Those CDs are essential
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

beatlesong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:02 am Note that PAL has 625 lines of resolution and NTSC has 525. So If you only transfer the top 525 out of 625 lines when you do the PAL to NTSC conversion, you get the bottom cropped off. Now, as a result, if you cut of the bottom of of a 1.3 aspect ratio picture it now becomes more like a 1.5 aspect ratio (which is what we see on the HMC DVD).
So again, all of this was due to a faulty PAL to NTSC conversion which chopped off the bottom of the picture.
Good point, although amateurish it isn't unheard of. I've encountered badly converted VHS tapes from the bargain bin that displayed this issue. It could be someone personally transferred the tape (or had it done at some cheap shop) to send it to someone in the States and it's this personal copy that got leaked.