THE BEATLES STORY. BBC RADIO SPECIAL 1973 - 14 PARTS

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
BroastedChicken

Re: THE BEATLES STORY. BBC RADIO SPECIAL 1973 - 14 PARTS

Post by BroastedChicken »

Does anyone have a copy of the shorter U.S. version (either the original 13-part edition or the later 14-part edition) that includes the various promos and bumpers, voiced by Brian Matthew, that American radio stations used in connection with the program?

The bumpers were simply a series of short snippets of Brian Matthew saying things like, "And now, it's back to The Beatles Story," and "From London, this is Brian Matthew with more of The Beatles Story." They were aired at the top of each hour and just after the completion of each commercial break.
BroastedChicken

Post by BroastedChicken »

One other question: Does anyone have copies of the "cue sheets" that would have described, for the American radio disc jockeys, each LP's content just before and after each commercial break so they'd know exactly where to insert local commercials?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

BroastedChicken wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:09 pm One other question: Does anyone have copies of the "cue sheets" that would have described, for the American radio disc jockeys, each LP's content just before and after each commercial break so they'd know exactly where to insert local commercials?
Yeah, I do but I'll have to go searching for them.
beatles story cue sheets.jpg
beatles story cue sheets.jpg (18.9 KiB) Viewed 605 times
This brings me to another point, which i didn't want to raise for fear of sounding ungrateful, but the London Wavelength rips posted a few pages back sound like they're from the counterfeit set that came out in 1984. I know this because I bought a copy, and it was in mono (same as the upload). It also came with photocopies of the cue sheets (which I kept) and... a Beatles Story blue t-shirt! It broke the bank for me and I was terribly disappointed that it was in mono and some episodes were a bit distorted, so I sold it almost straight away (and only got back 1/4 what I paid for it, grumble grumble...) i assume that the real set is in STEREO. It's possible these 80s counterfeit sets are being sold to unwary buyers as the real thing. They had genuine LW labels and are largely indistinguishable in appearance.

Just for reference, there is also a 13 disc BBC Transcription Service version, again with cue sheets. This would be the ideal source, if anyone can track it down. These are the full circa 55min versions with the Brian mathew introductions. See below.

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Krussell2021

Post by Krussell2021 »

Would it be possible for a re-up of the FLAC versions of both the 1972 and 1973 editions of this series? Many thanks.