Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
mikec

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by mikec »

Thanks to the info Chris just posted, the Emerick tape with the Lagos recordings sold for £11,500 (around 13,500 Euro or $14,500 USD, plus fees –thanks FastLucky), and instead of being thankful that for a minimal price (around $45 USD for any of the sets HMC or MC put on sale) we are getting THAT tape PLUS MORE (minus Bolan which has nothing to do with Paul), on factory-pressed releases; we read complains about the extra tracks we are or not getting (and that the Bootleggers never said “this is from Emerick too” or something like that). First of all, we should thank the private collector or collectors who bought the tape(s); secondly, that they were able to share it with others, in this case putting them in the hands of people who would make them into silver disks (for all of us who collect the physical stuff) so fans Worldwide can enjoy them; and third, of course that that also cost extra money: arts, factory, etc, so it´s kind of unfair to be reading comments on different places from people who wants or wanted any of these two releases to leak in digital instead of trying to purchase any, no matter the label (with some exceptions from some fans here asking where to get the originals), and help to recover the investment of making how many? 300 copies each? (Plus, the money that collectors paid for the tapes), so we can get more things like this soon.
When we start to read complains about a particular release coming from Japan –mostly vs HMC-, my mind always asks: “where were these fans when in the previous 3 or 4 HMC releases (plus PEAR label included), his “upgrades”, “stereo tapes” and “never released in this quality before” tracks have been truly fakes? (AI "stereo" mixes or "add more volume to this track and sell it as an upgrade", but you don’t read that kind of comments here about HMC; let’s be equal folks). Fans here have been boosting vocals or instruments for some recordings, or have been using Rockband, AI, ATMOS files to create “out-fakes” or demixes, isolations, stereo tracks, etc; and we thank them, cause the “product” is quite pleasant to hear, especially when buried stuff comes to surface. Bootleg labels are doing that too of course. Apple does that too now.

If some of the extra stuff on the Japanese release (mostly upgrades of Rough Mixes or Girl’s School early take) comes from different sources of private collections and not from the “Omega Emerick tapes” but they have NEVER been heard by us, the general fan, or have never been released on previous Bootlegs, what’s the most relevant thing here? That they doesn’t come from the Omega auction?; but hey! let’s complain about the things we are not getting instead of the new materials. The “vault” series by this label have had a few unreleased outtakes along with all the known alternate material plus upgrades, Atmos mixes or demixes or isolations of channels whatever you wanna call them, and it was expected here too, it’s the same series, not all being alternate takes (and the ones that were already on previous Bootlegs are upgrades, ones more clear than others, like “Goodnight Tonight”). I prefer a whole set with these kind of tracks coming from private collectors of things most of us NEVER heard before, upgrades, plus the usual fillers of demixes with funny things not heard or that are buried in the commercial versions, rather than a collection full of previously known and already released stuff with very few new tracks. Either the case, we are getting an unheard Lagos 1973 tape with two options to choose from.
I really hope that the private collectors who bought the Emerick stuff or that have other interesting materials, shares them with us now that we are alive to enjoy them. Having them storage for decades or to be heard among a handful of people until they die, won’t be cool, but sometimes we understand if not possible. There’s still fans worldwide that wants to have them on silver-pressed disks. Thank you collectors/buyers for giving us the Lagos tape, now please, more soon doesn’t matter who release it!
Golem

Post by Golem »

mikec wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:51 am Thanks to the info Chris just posted, the Emerick tape with the Lagos recordings sold for £11,500 (around 13,500 Euro or $14,500 USD, plus fees –thanks FastLucky), and instead of being thankful that for a minimal price (around $45 USD for any of the sets HMC or MC put on sale) we are getting THAT tape PLUS MORE (minus Bolan which has nothing to do with Paul), on factory-pressed releases; we read complains about the extra tracks we are or not getting (and that the Bootleggers never said “this is from Emerick too” or something like that). First of all, we should thank the private collector or collectors who bought the tape(s); secondly, that they were able to share it with others, in this case putting them in the hands of people who would make them into silver disks (for all of us who collect the physical stuff) so fans Worldwide can enjoy them; and third, of course that that also cost extra money: arts, factory, etc, so it´s kind of unfair to be reading comments on different places from people who wants or wanted any of these two releases to leak in digital instead of trying to purchase any, no matter the label (with some exceptions from some fans here asking where to get the originals), and help to recover the investment of making how many? 300 copies each? (Plus, the money that collectors paid for the tapes), so we can get more things like this soon.
When we start to read complains about a particular release coming from Japan –mostly vs HMC-, my mind always asks: “where were these fans when in the previous 3 or 4 HMC releases (plus PEAR label included), his “upgrades”, “stereo tapes” and “never released in this quality before” tracks have been truly fakes? (AI "stereo" mixes or "add more volume to this track and sell it as an upgrade", but you don’t read that kind of comments here about HMC; let’s be equal folks). Fans here have been boosting vocals or instruments for some recordings, or have been using Rockband, AI, ATMOS files to create “out-fakes” or demixes, isolations, stereo tracks, etc; and we thank them, cause the “product” is quite pleasant to hear, especially when buried stuff comes to surface. Bootleg labels are doing that too of course. Apple does that too now.

If some of the extra stuff on the Japanese release (mostly upgrades of Rough Mixes or Girl’s School early take) comes from different sources of private collections and not from the “Omega Emerick tapes” but they have NEVER been heard by us, the general fan, or have never been released on previous Bootlegs, what’s the most relevant thing here? That they doesn’t come from the Omega auction?; but hey! let’s complain about the things we are not getting instead of the new materials. The “vault” series by this label have had a few unreleased outtakes along with all the known alternate material plus upgrades, Atmos mixes or demixes or isolations of channels whatever you wanna call them, and it was expected here too, it’s the same series, not all being alternate takes (and the ones that were already on previous Bootlegs are upgrades, ones more clear than others, like “Goodnight Tonight”). I prefer a whole set with these kind of tracks coming from private collectors of things most of us NEVER heard before, upgrades, plus the usual fillers of demixes with funny things not heard or that are buried in the commercial versions, rather than a collection full of previously known and already released stuff with very few new tracks. Either the case, we are getting an unheard Lagos 1973 tape with two options to choose from.
I really hope that the private collectors who bought the Emerick stuff or that have other interesting materials, shares them with us now that we are alive to enjoy them. Having them storage for decades or to be heard among a handful of people until they die, won’t be cool, but sometimes we understand if not possible. There’s still fans worldwide that wants to have them on silver-pressed disks. Thank you collectors/buyers for giving us the Lagos tape, now please, more soon doesn’t matter who release it!
Nah MCCD is a shit label, L
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I thought that on Misterclaudel "No Words" was the take 1 instrumental take (not a rockband/D.Atmos remix); the one we can hear on the auctioned tapes; but in its entirety.
I'm afraid to read that "London Town" turns out to be a fake track.
"Silly Love Songs" with Paul humming the melody instead of the horns section was already around; remember the generous share at BZ which was remastered by a fan ? CMI or csnyfan I don't remember (sorry :oops: ) - there was among these gems "She's My Baby" sung by Paul.

"Girlfriend" rough mix from the auctioned tapes sounds brillant; I thought Misterclaudel could release it on a volume 2.

By the way, it's odd that Paul (apparently on piano) on Girl's School take 1, is really going at- this take is incredible; and he seems really satisfied of his recording; it's odd that he totally changed (bad decision) the tempo, requesting a "slow one" approach with the slide-guitar.
That's close to the version we all know, and the take 1 is so special.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am
BrianHodkin21 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 pm I received mine this morning.
I haven't listended to much yet but am currently listening to "Girl's School Take 1" from disc 2. It is indeed thankfully authentic but unfortunately the quality doesn't seem as good as the snippet. But it's an amazing take so the quality doesn't really bother me.
I'll update again when I hear more of the set.
Mine arrived as well…and I’ll say this…it seems like the recent “Underdubbed” official release was done in response to this stuff floating around…hearing a bunch of similarities…Let Me Roll it and 1985 to name two..
There are similarities of course between the Lagos and Underdubbed tapes, given that there are about 3 weeks time between the two, including a return from Africa, but 1985 definitely not since it was recorded in England.
THEWALRUS2

Post by THEWALRUS2 »

Hello to all. I have the MCCD version and I’m curious if someone could break down the tracks and let us know what is new (from the auction tape, private collection) and what is just manipulated (rockband, AI, atmos etc)? It would be greatly appreciated. I’m having trouble listening to any of these tracks and finding anything interesting. Also if anyone has the HMC, is the quality better and are the tracks the same?

Thanks
Golem

Post by Golem »

THEWALRUS2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:54 am Hello to all. I have the MCCD version and I’m curious if someone could break down the tracks and let us know what is new (from the auction tape, private collection) and what is just manipulated (rockband, AI, atmos etc)? It would be greatly appreciated. I’m having trouble listening to any of these tracks and finding anything interesting. Also if anyone has the HMC, is the quality better and are the tracks the same?

Thanks
As far as I know Disc 1 Tracks 1-9 are new from the auctioned tape, Girls School Take 1 is new from trading circles (not from the auction tape like previously thought), and that's about it. The rest of disc 1 is just the official underdubbed mixes. The rest of discs 2-3 seem to be a mix of outfakes created from the 5.1/Quad/Etc and already bootlegged tapes. I thought Silly Love Songs was an upgrade but apparently doesn't match the auctioned sample or any of the existing outtakes. London Town's probably the most disappointing fake as we know the auction tape for it exists.

I'm certainly interested in HMC as well, and to see if anything comes in the volume 2s for each label.
THEWALRUS2

Post by THEWALRUS2 »

Thank you for your analysis. Not real impressed with volume 1. Hope you are correct with volume 2.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Golem wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:46 pm
THEWALRUS2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:54 am Hello to all. I have the MCCD version and I’m curious if someone could break down the tracks and let us know what is new (from the auction tape, private collection) and what is just manipulated (rockband, AI, atmos etc)? It would be greatly appreciated. I’m having trouble listening to any of these tracks and finding anything interesting. Also if anyone has the HMC, is the quality better and are the tracks the same?

Thanks
As far as I know Disc 1 Tracks 1-9 are new from the auctioned tape, Girls School Take 1 is new from trading circles (not from the auction tape like previously thought), and that's about it. The rest of disc 1 is just the official underdubbed mixes. The rest of discs 2-3 seem to be a mix of outfakes created from the 5.1/Quad/Etc and already bootlegged tapes. I thought Silly Love Songs was an upgrade but apparently doesn't match the auctioned sample or any of the existing outtakes. London Town's probably the most disappointing fake as we know the auction tape for it exists.

I'm certainly interested in HMC as well, and to see if anything comes in the volume 2s for each label.
Thanks for your findings!

The Girl's School Take 1 is an upgrade to the version this trader had. So that was cool. I hear what you say about discs 2 & 3 being demixes/remixes from Atmos etc... much like Misterclaudel's RRS & McCartney "Recording Vault" sets though, I rather like what they've done with many of these tracks. To be honest, I've probably listened to disc three more than the other two discs combined.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

The Girls' School take does circulate in excellent quality, btw.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

mikec wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:51 am Thanks to the info Chris just posted,
Not a problem I like going down rabbit holes looking for information learning more and sharing all yourselves......

I have found HMC set interesting it's cool to hear "chatting" over the intro from Band on the Run that even Paul forgot about when u see it on 3-2-1
Chris