WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
kolive

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by kolive »

Thanks for the effort.

In addition to the retracking, renumbering and sonic improvements.

I understand there is new audio here too.
Do you have a list of where the new audio sits (relative to NBS e.g.)
masterjedi

Re: WATCHING RAINBOWS - THE ULTIMATE GET BACK SESSIONS REMASTER (release thread)

Post by masterjedi »

You might want to check the sync of the A and B rolls on Jan 3rd. The first one I looked at for example, 3.33, when the B roll starts out you can see it is lagging the A roll at around 1:32, but then by about 2:12, the B roll is leading. Also, probably best to not mix the channels together.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Thanks for this amazing work, and to all those who paved the way, especially Doug Sulply, the first one to tame this beast years ago. He did it when no one even knew where to start.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Glad to see this finally out there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this surely gargantuan project. Thanks to them and anyone listening through to check for anomalies as well. I'm going to wait until all the patches are done, then sit back and experience the Beatles, raw and ragged, as they attempt a good idea at a bad time, and still manage to make something great out of it.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

dascottjr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm Glad to see this finally out there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this surely gargantuan project. Thanks to them and anyone listening through to check for anomalies as well. I'm going to wait until all the patches are done, then sit back and experience the Beatles, raw and ragged, as they attempt a good idea at a bad time, and still manage to make something great out of it.
Please, patches are not gonna happen in a while, I don't want some milimetrical stuff to ruin all the work we have done in the past. The changes are gonna come.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:51 pm
dascottjr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm Glad to see this finally out there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this surely gargantuan project. Thanks to them and anyone listening through to check for anomalies as well. I'm going to wait until all the patches are done, then sit back and experience the Beatles, raw and ragged, as they attempt a good idea at a bad time, and still manage to make something great out of it.
Please, patches are not gonna happen in a while, I don't want some milimetrical stuff to ruin all the work we have done in the past. The changes are gonna come.
No, no worries. I have so much going on in my personal and work life that I don't have as much time to listen to it back to front right now anyway. I will surely listen in chunks until then, though. I already like what I've heard so far. Very happy that this exists.
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

I listened to 2 & 3, & almost finished on 6 Jan, overall,
sounds nice & full, on the normal Volumes

I can't hardly wait to hear the Apple volumes, in this set :D
jpgrjd

Post by jpgrjd »

Just completed the first 3 days. Love it, many thanks for all your efforts.

Looks like my extensive collection of get back material is only of historical interest now.
Jay

Post by Jay »

I've only listened to the first day recording so far. Really appreciate the tightening up of the stop and start points and the much more balanced volume levels throughout. Much more enjoyable than previous releases of this material. Thanks to the whole team for this enormous undertaking.
jackb

Post by jackb »

Today I started listening to Jan. 6 and I'd never noticed before but 6.08 Improvisation is basically The Beatles riffing on Louie Louie.

Jack