Big Night In (re-up)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Tex

Re: Big Night In

Post by Tex »

LOL could have did without seeing the dancing (?) at the end. OOF!

Otherwise fantastic video and especially the remixed soundtrack.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys I'm glad you liked it.
Tex wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:45 am LOL could have did without seeing the dancing (?) at the end. OOF!
Yeah Lionel Blair does some other routines during the show and they just leave me cold. There's funny footage in Follow The Beatles where Blair is trying to get The Beatles to learn an actual dance routine and they are clearly not into it. There's also an interview (can't remember where it's from) where they talk about this and how there was originally a Beatles dance routine planned for the film. THANK THE ALMIGHTY THEY DIDN'T DO THAT!
Otherwise fantastic video and especially the remixed soundtrack.
Oh thanks, fellow twister!

I don't think the Winters are very funny but I can't help liking Bernie. An appealing idiot, much like myself. :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

I'm reminded of what an audience member said about Mike and Bernie Winters when they performed at the Glasgow Empire:

When Mike first came on stage he did a little routine on his own, Bernie appearing a little while later, at which point someone said "oh no, there's two of 'em..!"
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Mike and Bernie Winters were always a second rate Morecambe & Wise Lol.
burningfool

Post by burningfool »

This is great fun. Thank you so much!
Johnny Kidd Fan Club

Post by Johnny Kidd Fan Club »

harrythebannister wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:51 pm Mike and Bernie Winters were always a second rate Morecambe & Wise Lol.
there's a story (don't know if it's true) but Morecambe and Wise were on a chat show and the host asked them what they would have been if they weren't comedians and Eric Morecambe replied "Mike and Bernie Winters".
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Johnny Kidd Fan Club wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 pm
harrythebannister wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:51 pm Mike and Bernie Winters were always a second rate Morecambe & Wise Lol.
there's a story (don't know if it's true) but Morecambe and Wise were on a chat show and the host asked them what they would have been if they weren't comedians and Eric Morecambe replied "Mike and Bernie Winters".
Ha ha! They are pretty bad. But the show harks back to the music hall era where people were just glad to go to a theatre and get out of the cold and see anything that might distract them for an hour. I get the same feeling when i watch Sullivan.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

Lord,
thanks a lot for sharing!!
:D
beatlepaul

Post by beatlepaul »

Thank you for this, great work as always.
afabman

Post by afabman »

plasticsoul wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:30 pm I'm reminded of what an audience member said about Mike and Bernie Winters when they performed at the Glasgow Empire:

When Mike first came on stage he did a little routine on his own, Bernie appearing a little while later, at which point someone said "oh no, there's two of 'em..!"
That's not quite the quote. It was more along the lines of 'F*** me - there's two of them'!