britt2001b Beatles Remixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: britt2001b Beatles Remixes

Post by Lord Reith »

Demixing has become the new way for ordinary fans to get creative and involved with The Beatles. In the old days it was by publishing fanzines, or by organising swap meets, or by making web pages. Now it's gone into the realm of science fiction. Who could have imagined 10 years ago that we would be able to make our own mixes as if we had access to multitracks? Many of us fantasised about such a thing but it was just that - a fantasy. Now pretty much anyone can start making mixes with a few basic free tools. So it's no wonder the hobby has gone viral. And it sure beats the hell out of making "lyrics videos".

When I made my first Beatles demixes, you could count on your fingers the number of others doing it. Now there's probably hundreds of us, maybe even thousands. There's nothing to be gained by a hundred people remixing all the albums with the drums in the centre. So it's bound to be gimmicky, because if you're not doing something that hasn't been done before, there's really no point. So it's all good really, and I enjoy seeing what people can manage to come up with. It doesn't all have to be canon, so long as it's fun to listen to.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

You are arguably the pioneer or father of Beatles remixes. Thank you, and I'm sure delighted that technology and love of the Beatles has brought this movement about. I've been excited about the new sonic possibilities ever since the Yellow Submarine Songtrack in 1999. That's when I discovered the glories of remixes, over against remasters.
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

NowhereFan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:00 pm You are arguably the pioneer or father of Beatles remixes. Thank you, and I'm sure delighted that technology and love of the Beatles has brought this movement about. I've been excited about the new sonic possibilities ever since the Yellow Submarine Songtrack in 1999. That's when I discovered the glories of remixes, over against remasters.
Well people have been remixing Beatles for a long time using many methods but yes I was one of the first to jump on board the demixing algorithms. I can remember the day Tex posted a link to the Phonic Mind website in 2018 and I thought, "Well this thing will be a gimmicky load of rubbish". I put in the mono She Loves You and was completely floored when it spat out the vocal track a few minutes later. I simply couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had never thought or even suspected something like that was possible. Even now I still can hardly believe it. So I became completely obsessed with that thing from day 1. Now the novelty has worn off a bit, but it is still amazing.

I'm glad that Apple has lifted the ban on fan remixes on youtube. It's about time. I guess they've finally learnt the lesson "Any kind of publicity is good publicity". Allowing fans to get excited about their idols does not cut into profits, it INCREASES them. Maybe they learnt a thing or two from Tay Tay?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Yes, I've been arguing for some twenty years that free downloads or CD burning, etc. don't harm musicians' profits. In the old days I used to record library records (or friends' records) or radio broadcasts of albums onto cassette and buy used records. It may be counter-intuitive, but it's true. My own case is instructive, I think.

I'm pretty fanatical about finding new Beatles downloads, but I have bought every new official Beatles product that has come out. If you buy everything, how can anyone say you have deprived the artist of any deserved royalties? I've done all I can do, financial-wise for Paul and Ringo, Yoko and Olivia, Giles, and anyone else who profits from those sales, having bought all of the product.
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Brand new:

etidel

Post by etidel »

Than you NowhereFan !!!
Tex

Post by Tex »

The drums are nice and meaty although the vocals have some atifacting going on due to the extra processing to separate them.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Yeah, I didn't think they were totally successful meself. I love the videos tho!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Personally speaking the glut of remixed Beatles music is beyond tedious.
Tex

Post by Tex »

The videos are very nice. I would have used some of the Rock Band clips also and less stock footage. That might have triggered video copyright though.

I'm really surprised the videos were not immediately removed for copyright.

A few years ago I tried to post a remix and it was immediately flagged.