Harry And His Court Jesters

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ntwined88

Re: Harry And His Court Jesters

Post by ntwined88 »

Awesome share that sounds GrRRrreaT! Thank you !
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Way cool - thanks to all involved!

LR, you might want to keep in mind to dither the mono track before exporting to stereo so the export stores two identical tracks. You have stereo dithering noise which boosts the file size a bit for no good reason.
eclipsed1

Post by eclipsed1 »

Wow! This is a far cry from the original "By Royal Command" EP from decades ago.....
I still remember how excited I was back then, actually hearing the 'rattle your jewelry' comment for the first time.
It's nearly as exciting to finally have it with this clarity - Thanks much!
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

rvs005.jpg
rvs005.jpg (751.28 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

Thank Lord and others who made this possible. Here is the flyer from Joe Popes original release of the EP. I think this was October of 1978. 45 years ago!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. There was a fair bit of fiddly repair work required because all these old tapes are never in good condition, but I want to thank the person who provided the recording in the first place. Line recordings of early tv broadcasts are like hens teeth and we are lucky enough to have It's The Beatles, Blackpool Night Out 64 and now the RVP as line recordings. Now all we need are those two pesky Palladium shows, although as you recall a bit of an upgrade of the second one turned up recently.
Krussell2021 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 amas all the Beeb broadcasts were on the Light Programme, you must be the Light Lord.
Ha! :lol:
Spaniard in da Works wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:39 pm This is AWESOME!

(Speaking of videotape. I think I remember, from way back in my college A&V course, that at some point they devised a way to use VCRs as digital audio recorders since the larger tape and faster speed gave better quality than cassettes)
Before I had a cd recorder I used to use my hifi vcr as an audio recorder. In LP mode you'd get 6 hours of very high quality sound. As a bonus it also had the vhs indexing system so you could skip three songs by pressing the skip button three times. Also vhs recorders were used as digital recorders in recording studios since the early 1980s via an ingenious device called a PCM Adaptor which converted your analogue audio into a digital signal which could be recordede by a vcr and gave true cd quality. The first time I saw one of these in action I said to the guy, "You're mastering this bands stuff to vhs?!" and he put me out of my ignorance. :lol:
EdinSc wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm Incredible to have, after all these years of piecing together the parts from various sources (and it still not being what it should be!) Interestingly, this upgrade includes the first few seconds of "From Me.. " that are cut off from the broadcast! Thanks Lord and the source! Now, how about the "It's the Beatles" TV show?
Harry and his box Volume 11!
csnyfan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 pm Way cool - thanks to all involved!

LR, you might want to keep in mind to dither the mono track before exporting to stereo so the export stores two identical tracks. You have stereo dithering noise which boosts the file size a bit for no good reason.
Oh! The way I usually do it if it is a mono track is to simply add an empty stereo track in audacity before I export it. I thought that would produce two identical channels. I used to mix everything down to one mono track and then duplicate it and join them into one stereo... maybe that was a better way.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jgjohnson wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:15 pmHere is the flyer from Joe Popes original release of the EP. I think this was October of 1978. 45 years ago!!
Excellent. I don't have that ep sadly. I always searched for it in the 80s but never saw it anywhere.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Harry just keeps getting better and better! A hearty thank you to all parties involved with this.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Lord Reith
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting this one.
Mike
nickotina

Post by nickotina »

This is AWESOME! Thank you very much to the donor and to you, Light Lord!
I feel like i'm finally opening that door, stepping inside the theatre and listening to what was going on inside!

BTW, I never really understood why they laugh when Paul says "thank you very much and good evening, how are you?". I am Italian and may not catch the joke?

Cheers
Nick
Nowhere Man9091

Post by Nowhere Man9091 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 pm Thanks guys. There was a fair bit of fiddly repair work required because all these old tapes are never in good condition, but I want to thank the person who provided the recording in the first place. Line recordings of early tv broadcasts are like hens teeth and we are lucky enough to have It's The Beatles, Blackpool Night Out 64 and now the RVP as line recordings. Now all we need are those two pesky Palladium shows, although as you recall a bit of an upgrade of the second one turned up recently.
Krussell2021 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 amas all the Beeb broadcasts were on the Light Programme, you must be the Light Lord.
Ha! :lol:
Spaniard in da Works wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:39 pm This is AWESOME!

(Speaking of videotape. I think I remember, from way back in my college A&V course, that at some point they devised a way to use VCRs as digital audio recorders since the larger tape and faster speed gave better quality than cassettes)
Before I had a cd recorder I used to use my hifi vcr as an audio recorder. In LP mode you'd get 6 hours of very high quality sound. As a bonus it also had the vhs indexing system so you could skip three songs by pressing the skip button three times. Also vhs recorders were used as digital recorders in recording studios since the early 1980s via an ingenious device called a PCM Adaptor which converted your analogue audio into a digital signal which could be recordede by a vcr and gave true cd quality. The first time I saw one of these in action I said to the guy, "You're mastering this bands stuff to vhs?!" and he put me out of my ignorance. :lol:
EdinSc wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm Incredible to have, after all these years of piecing together the parts from various sources (and it still not being what it should be!) Interestingly, this upgrade includes the first few seconds of "From Me.. " that are cut off from the broadcast! Thanks Lord and the source! Now, how about the "It's the Beatles" TV show?
Harry and his box Volume 11!
csnyfan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 pm Way cool - thanks to all involved!

Oh! The way I usually do it if it is a mono track is to simply add an empty stereo track in audacity before I export it. I thought that would produce two identical channels. I used to mix everything down to one mono track and then duplicate it and join them into one stereo... maybe that was a better way.
Your Lordship, Your Honor, Sir..Thank you for this amazing gift to your unworthy subjects. Great work as usual
Who’s that little old man?