Coming soon from Misterclaudel

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
ted

Re: Coming soon from Misterclaudel

Post by ted »

Out Now!

Link edited out.

ted
Last edited by ted on Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

ted wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:00 pm Out Now!

hXXps://tinyurl.com/2wtsmuzs

ted
Thought that was an actual link to it.
Silly bird.
Tee Hee.

I'm in no hurry. It's interesting. But not trip-over-my-own-feet interesting.
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

I’m also interested in the second volume - If this is indeed a John Barrett style leak, I’m all for it!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:14 pm Interesting, indeed. Being that Misterclaudel contains apparently new tracks apparently not on the HMC, my guess is that someone has sold the same trove of tapes to both labels.
Yes, for sure. Why sell something once when you can do so twice? It's Ultra Rare Trax vs Unsurpassed Masters all over again!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

well, I hope that the sound quality is great; so far they did most of their recent releases using D.Atmos mixes to create some isolations tracks, now they're talkin'.

They could have maximize by released 3 different titles; whereas here, the content seems to be based on 2 auctioned tapes (Band On The Run sessions like HMC release, and another tape (the one with the Mull of Kintyre sessions)

LOT 282, 284 : I remember 3 auctioned tapes with some audio excerpts : the one from the Band On The Run sessions with a bit of Marc Bolan (nothing to do with BOT, probably recorded in the same studio); all audio excerpts of these outtakes are great; but it seems like they don't have "Girlfriend" a great early outtake according to the audio snippet I heard; unless I'm too tired to look clearly at the track-listing.

"Girlfriend" (a cool early take according to the audio snippet) is on the Wings EMI 1976-1977 auctioned tape LOT 282, the one with Silly Love Songs (and they put Silly Love Songs on their set) as well as Girl's School.
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Fast lucky wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:54 pm
Joel Nohn wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:00 pm I don’t want to be that guy, but here we are. After Misterclaudels previous embellishment of the truth, I’d be sceptical of what they offer.

That said, if HMC see fit to put their material over two gazettes, maybe there is some quantity to MCs release. I await with interest to see what they have.
And you will see that HMC will be very poor value compared to Misterclaudel.
In what way, sorry? Maybe a paucity of material from HMCs side if they haven’t been able to purchase all the material but MC have always been bewilderingly expensive. Especially as HMC usually seemed to come up with more new material.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Joel Nohn wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:00 pm I don’t want to be that guy, but here we are. After Misterclaudels previous embellishment of the truth, I’d be sceptical of what they offer.

That said, if HMC see fit to put their material over two gazettes, maybe there is some quantity to MCs release. I await with interest to see what they have.
Could you provide more detail on that embellishment?
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Patrick Healy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 am

From memory, Patrick, there was a BOTR release that MC were suggesting were all different mixes but just ended up being oopsed tracks, same with a David Bowie ‘Low’ outtakes collection which was nothing like.

I’m not saying that the HMC stable aren’t guilty either (Candlestick Park, anyone?) but they have a proven better introductory track record.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:27 am

From memory, Patrick, there was a BOTR release that MC were suggesting were all different mixes but just ended up being oopsed tracks, same with a David Bowie ‘Low’ outtakes collection which was nothing like.

I’m not saying that the HMC stable aren’t guilty either (Candlestick Park, anyone?) but they have a proven better introductory track record.
What did HMC do with/to Candlestick Park?? I don’t have that one…
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:32 am
Joel Nohn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:27 am

What did HMC do with/to Candlestick Park?? I don’t have that one…
They released the ‘complete’ tape. As we know Tony Barrows cuts off at the end of ‘Long Tall Sally’ on HMCs release, it was suplemented (sp) with a BBC session - and it wasn’t done with due care either!