Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Yellowsubmarine

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12 update.)

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

ruedabeat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:47 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:58 am Image

This is an update of Volume 12. I have added what is probably a BBC tv interview from February 5th when they returned from Paris. I don't think this was ITV because we have that interview and it is different. Not sure who the interviewer is.

Also added is Ringo reading some credits in the Public Ear. I also have removed the spurious traces of "Can't Buy Me Love" playing in the background during Paul's bit.

The Pick Of the Pops at the start is a bit longer. The front cover is also updated.

https://tinyurl.com/exp-13th-march
And the Extra Stuff, as always interesting. By the way Mr. LR, Have you thought about writing a book about The Beatles and the BBC?

You are the One. :geek:
Kevin Howlett already did one.
ted

Post by ted »

ksantus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:02 pm Are all these available as 1 set somewhere?

Thanks,
Kevin
Note that Volumes 1,2,7,10,12,14 & 15 are currently being updated. The full set link will be temporarily down while this is taking place.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:44 pm
ruedabeat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:47 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:58 am Image

This is an update of Volume 12. I have added what is probably a BBC tv interview from February 5th when they returned from Paris. I don't think this was ITV because we have that interview and it is different. Not sure who the interviewer is.

Also added is Ringo reading some credits in the Public Ear. I also have removed the spurious traces of "Can't Buy Me Love" playing in the background during Paul's bit.

The Pick Of the Pops at the start is a bit longer. The front cover is also updated.

https://tinyurl.com/exp-13th-march
And the Extra Stuff, as always interesting. By the way Mr. LR, Have you thought about writing a book about The Beatles and the BBC?

You are the One. :geek:
Kevin Howlett already did one.
I consider Kevin´s book Obsolete. Gathering dust in the shelf for years.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

JoeWadley wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:26 pm Thank you. This kind of attention to detail and dogged pursuit of every BBC appearance in its most complete and best sounding form is what makes this the only BBC set anyone needs. Thank for making these updates to this already excellent set.
Thanks! I do feel slightly silly about re-upping a whole volume just to add a couple of minutes. But I guess all things being equal people would rather have the extra bits even if it is inconvenient. And when i find something like those few extra words from Ringo that I had no clue existed, or George's joke about "Are you waiting for this bus too?" I get a little nerdy thrill. I've never had much interest in The Beatles telling their story after it all had happened, but listening to them react at the time about their Paris trip or New York is fascinating. You can really hear how amazed they were.
ruedabeat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:47 pm And the Extra Stuff, as always interesting. By the way Mr. LR, Have you thought about writing a book about The Beatles and the BBC?
Well I kind of feel like the whole set is a book. You need everything... the music, the videos, the photos, the interviews and the facts to understand the story. Besides, there's three books by Kevin Howlett which are all great (although my favourite is the second).
C90 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm I'm still chuckling at the BBC tie included with Vol.10. I didn't see it first time round, it took the updated version for it to catch my eye :mrgreen:
Everybody should have a BBC tie. Here's an interesting piece of trivia though: despite the incredible pre-war stuffiness and beaurocracy of the BBC, everybody called each other by their first names. Thus even if you were a humble engineer, you adressed the head of the Variety department as "Jim". That was totally unheard of in those days and unique to the BBC!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Lord Reith
Thank you for posting your awesome BBC updated version .

Ziggy C
Thank you for reposting all the links.

Mike
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks as always for your hard work Lord Reith !
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thanking you M'Lord for the AWESOME updates to an AMAZING set that you continue to thrill us all with ...... THANK YOU !!!!
fab4gear

Post by fab4gear »

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring us these updates.
Every little tiny bit adds up to making it an even greater set.
FANtastic!
"In My Life, I've Loved Them All "
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

You're welcome.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

Getting Better all the time... :D :D :D