Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
jpa

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10 update.)

Post by jpa »

MANY, MANY Thanks!
burningfool

Post by burningfool »

Thank you for this updated volume, and for the stereo Swedish radio show. This sounds great, and it sits nicely next to your mono demix on Top Of The Klas. Listening to this always takes me back to the late 1980s, when I first got the Swingin' Pig CD Stars Of '63. It's still great fun to hear this show.

The stereo Drop In video in your other thread looks and sounds great, too. viewtopic.php?t=8871

Cheers!
fab4gear

Post by fab4gear »

Thank You!
FANtastic!
Wonderful Stuff!
"In My Life, I've Loved Them All "
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ruedabeat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:58 pm And how about the Additional stuff, "How to record a BBC recording", very interesting!

Thanks a lot LR. 8-)
I'm glad you find that interesting. Most people don't. Everyone at the BBC complained about their antiquated equipment, and to this day there's this misconception that it meant it was poor quality or something. Nothing could be further from the truth. The signal chain was extremely simple: mic, preamp, mixer, tape recorder. Nothing else. All valve. That's your classic Hoffmanite's ideal. Minimalist design causing lowest possible signal degeneration. Those panels (desks) were built to the highest technical standards. The tape recorders were BTRs same as at Abbey Road, same tape speed. You can literally put on a Goon Show taped in 1956 and the musical items could have been recorded yesterday. The quality was fantastic. I love the sound of the BBC sessions because the sound is so transparent. They represent exactly how the band sounded. If you weren't good to begin with, there's nothing they could do to gloss over it. Complete truth in sound, for better or worse. Luckily, The Beatles were absolutely fantastic.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jackb

Post by jackb »

Volume 10 - Easy Beat
With previous iterations it sounds like a continuous performance by The Beatles. This edit has a bit of silence between the end of Love Me Do and Brian's intro for Please Please Me. Is there a reason for this? Were there acts that performed on stage to interrupt The Beatles portion of the show?

Jack
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jackb wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:42 pm Volume 10 - Easy Beat
With previous iterations it sounds like a continuous performance by The Beatles. This edit has a bit of silence between the end of Love Me Do and Brian's intro for Please Please Me. Is there a reason for this? Were there acts that performed on stage to interrupt The Beatles portion of the show?

Jack
Yes. They did two different sets in different parts of the show on all their easybeat appearances.
jackb

Post by jackb »

Lord reith,
Thanks for that bit of information about Easy Beat. Wondering if you know who they shared the bill with.

Jack
Johnny Kidd Fan Club

Post by Johnny Kidd Fan Club »

jackb wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:13 am Lord reith,
Thanks for that bit of information about Easy Beat. Wondering if you know who they shared the bill with.

Jack
Kenny Lynch, Maureen Evans, The Clyde Valley Stompers and The Eric Delaney Band were the other 20th October 1963 guests on Easy Beat.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Johnny Kidd Fan Club wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:21 am
jackb wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:13 am Lord reith,

Jack
Kenny Lynch, Maureen Evans, The Clyde Valley Stompers and The Eric Delaney Band were the other 20th October 1963 guests on Easy Beat.
Indeed, you can hear Brian Mathew name check them all at the end.
Lord Reith

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12 update.)

Post by Lord Reith »

This is an update of Volume 12. I have added what is probably a BBC tv interview from February 5th when they returned from Paris. I don't think this was ITV because we have that interview and it is different. Not sure who the interviewer is.

Also added is Ringo reading some credits in the Public Ear. I also have removed the spurious traces of "Can't Buy Me Love" playing in the background during Paul's bit.

The Pick Of the Pops at the start is a bit longer. The front cover is also updated.

https://tinyurl.com/exp-13th-march