Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
harrythebannister

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10 update.)

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks for the updates.
Egg_Crisis

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7 update.)

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:52 am
Egg_Crisis wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:46 am They used to make snooker balls out of gun cotton. They exploded if two of them collided too forcefully.
Yes, I saw that recently on James Burke's series "Connections"! How mad is that? It would certainly have livened up a game of billiards. :lol:
Ha, I've a feeling that's where I saw it. but years ago, in the 80's probably.

And thanks for the updates etc. I've arrived at this thread late because when I first saw it I assumed it was a repackage of the previous set and now I see there's updates and stuff.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

A big thanks to LR for this set. The first several volumes totally propel me into the most exciting time in the Beatles career. The later volumes provide additional context, perspectives, and insight through interviews and programs. A very well-rounded document which will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to improve upon. The curation of this set is quite clearly an extensive and time-consuming (life-consuming, dream-consuming) undertaking. And it certainly enhances and accentuates the enjoyment of our favorite band. It is beyond magnanimous that LR has shared his work here. My hope is that the folks who "mind the store," as it were, learn a bit about how to properly present The Beatles' legacy. I don't think they will. But one can hope.

These sets have been shared as zipped files. And that is the best way to share them; as intact, unaltered, zipped files. To that end, after a few more days, I will be removing from my link (which I posted earlier in this lengthy thread) the unzipped folders that I had posted to Google Drive. What will remain will be the current versions of LR's zipped files as per the link on the first page of this thread. This'll keep things simple.

Thanks again, LR, for presenting this blissful Beatledom.

-Z
jackb

Post by jackb »

Vol 10 track 45: when was the broadcast of Saturday Club when Brian played the Beatles' request?

Thanks, Jack
jackb

Post by jackb »

Also the Bournmouth interview with Klas Burling, I always thought that was from August 23, but it's listed here as the 19th. Could someone clarify what is the correct date?

Thanks
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME update M'Lord - MANY thanks as always ......
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:26 pm A big thanks to LR for this set. The first several volumes totally propel me into the most exciting time in the Beatles career. The later volumes provide additional context, perspectives, and insight through interviews and programs.
It allows you to follow their story from start to finish from their point of view without the Anthology-style revisionism. The music sessions are the main part of it, but to me it is just as much a biographical document. In particular, if they hadn't done those BBC interviews post-65 we would know far less about them. They really went into great detail. We have a lot to thank the BBC for.
jackb wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:50 am Vol 10 track 45: when was the broadcast of Saturday Club when Brian played the Beatles' request?

Thanks, Jack
December 28th 1963.
jackb wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:52 am Also the Bournmouth interview with Klas Burling, I always thought that was from August 23, but it's listed here as the 19th. Could someone clarify what is the correct date?

Thanks
It says the 23rd in the metadata, just for some reason the filename says 19th. Just change it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks Lord !!
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:49 am Image

This is an updated version of Volume 10. There are several new additions: the opening track is a Radio Newsreel by Reg Abbiss describing their return from Sweden, which many people consider to be the beginning of Beatlemania. Although this trip happened after Easybeat was taped it makes a good start to this volume I think. Later on there are some TV announcements of them appearing on the Royal Variety show, which led into the filmed version of the Peter Woods interview. Here the radio version of that interview is used but I have removed the intrusive music in the background. Also new is a brief description of the Hamburg scene by George for a programme called Mach Schau Wacker.

Also bundled with this update is a new stereo remix of the Swedish radio show, by virtue of it being the only other bespoke radio programme they ever recorded. Long regarded as one of their best performances, and given the personal stamp of approval by John Lennon.

The front cover is also updated.

https://tinyurl.com/exp-march-10
And how about the Additional stuff, "How to record a BBC recording", very interesting!

Thanks a lot LR. 8-)
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Cool