Back In The US DVD - Fan Edit?

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MrBellamy

Back In The US DVD - Fan Edit?

Post by MrBellamy »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone with video editing skills has produced a fan edit of Paul's 'Back In The US' DVD to include just the concert footage and remove all the 'talking heads' (i.e. interviews).

I wish I had the skill to do it (assuming it doesn't already exist).

Thanks for reading.
Cheers!
dumbchops

Re: Back In The US DVD - Fan Edit?

Post by dumbchops »

It's probably not what you had in mind but I made an edit that only includes the talking heads and random crowd shots. I wanted to see what the experience would be like if it were completely McCartney-free. I even superimposed the audio of Herman's Hermits over the crowd shots. It's a blast to play at parties but probably not what you're looking for. If there is any interest I will post it.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

I'd love that too!!
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

I tried to do an edit a few years ago where I removed the interviews and all the crowd shots during the songs, so it would only focus on whats happening on stage. I used some audience filmed bootlegs to fill in the gaps. I only ended up doing the first 4 songs because I only had a terrible lossy rip of the dvd and since theres about 40 crowd shots in each song, I found it way too tiring. I don't even have that test edit anymore unfortunately.

But I too would love to see someone with better editing skills and better sources to have a go at this. That tour is one of my favourites and it would be great to have an edit that only focuses on the performance.
MrBellamy

Post by MrBellamy »

dumbchops wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:08 am It's probably not what you had in mind but I made an edit that only includes the talking heads and random crowd shots. I wanted to see what the experience would be like if it were completely McCartney-free. I even superimposed the audio of Herman's Hermits over the crowd shots. It's a blast to play at parties but probably not what you're looking for. If there is any interest I will post it.
Yes, please.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I'll be honest. After I posted my comment, I handbraked my old DVD of Back In The U.S. and attempted to make a straight concert film out of it. However, I gave up when I realized how annoying the constant crowd shots and other interruptions during the music parts were. It kind of sucks because the I saw Paul live during this tour and it would be great to have something that was edited better.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
MrBellamy

Post by MrBellamy »

dumbchops wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:58 pm I'll be honest. After I posted my comment, I handbraked my old DVD of Back In The U.S. and attempted to make a straight concert film out of it. However, I gave up when I realized how annoying the constant crowd shots and other interruptions during the music parts were. It kind of sucks because the I saw Paul live during this tour and it would be great to have something that was edited better.
I appreciate the attempt. I agree the quick edits to the crowd are terrible. I was thinking that removing the in-between interviews might make it watchable....

Thanks again for the effort...
Cheers!