Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Ziggy C

Re: Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2 update.)

Post by Ziggy C »

As stuff resurfaces, or is rediscovered, it may seem like a prolonged and endless game of whack-a-mole. However, what emerges is a more complete picture of the broadcasts from this time period. The only suggestion I'd make is to perhaps approach it in batches; wait for a batch of new recordings to accumulate over a period of time, and then post the update. I am a pack rat when it comes to this stuff. So despite the admonitions in the UPDATE text file, I shan't discard The Joy Of Alpacas or the others anytime soon. So I can already envision myriad duplicates in the archive. But I will keep them separate so as not to confuse myself. I hope.

What else? Oh, there's Pickles.
See, its like this,...
Back in 2016, after a few years with our doggies, Sunny (a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix) and Franky (a min-pin,) my wife wanted to get a larger dog, more specifically a Pit bull, for protection because I work the night shift. I was perfectly happy with the two doggies we already had. But I posited that, OK, we can get another dog. But his name is going to have to be Pickles. I thought this would be a good deterrent, and that we could move on from this idea. Nope.
So here's Pickles, a huge loveably personable bundle of fun and joy. And when he cranks it up to eleven, look out!
Pickles Ate The Remote
Pickles Ate The Remote
IMG_3966.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1572 times
Doug

Post by Doug »

RE: whack-a-mole

Well, part of the pleasure is in the hunt. I remember when I was collecting Beatle cards many years ago. I'd find a few missing ones at each Beatlefest (this was long before Ebay!), and, finally, I had them all.

What happened then? The complete sets sat in binders in a file cabinet for years, eating up room until I finally sold them off. The fun was gone.

Now, they're not quite comparable, because you can always listen to what we have from the BBC for pleasure, but I'm sure you get my point.
tymime

Post by tymime »

The Karl Denver Trio sure was something else
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Thank you for the latest improvements. Its fun to do this together, side by side.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

tymime wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:23 pm The Karl Denver Trio sure was something else
He was an acquired taste that's for sure!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:40 pm So here's Pickles, a huge loveably personable bundle of fun and joy. And when he cranks it up to eleven, look out!
I have a similar problem with Steve The Llama. I've tried to train him to spit at passers by, but he just nuzzles up to them and so now I have a constant stream of people coming to my door to see him. You just can't find properly trained Attack Llamas anymore.
Doug wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:12 pm RE: whack-a-mole

Well, part of the pleasure is in the hunt. I remember when I was collecting Beatle cards many years ago. I'd find a few missing ones at each Beatlefest (this was long before Ebay!), and, finally, I had them all.

What happened then? The complete sets sat in binders in a file cabinet for years, eating up room until I finally sold them off. The fun was gone.

Now, they're not quite comparable, because you can always listen to what we have from the BBC for pleasure, but I'm sure you get my point.
Most of us when we were kids tried to impress on our parents the need for them to give us more pocket money so we could complete our set of Planet Of The Apes bubble gum cards or whatever. It all seemed so important at the time. I laugh about it now, and am amazed that they put up with me.

But I still have two POTA bubble gum cards. These days the only thing I am OCD about is the BBC sessions. It bugs me that there are some missing. For decades, it drove me nuts that the person who taped Saturday Club in June 1963 only taped four Beatles songs. He didn't tape Money and Till There Was You. And then a few years ago, some guy dies and amongst his off air recordings are found three Beatles tracks - just three. One of them is Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport. And the other two are... yep, Money and Till There Was You. Now, you can't put odds on something like that. So when I got a message the other day saying that a tape had turned up and by containing Beatles songs and by coincidence two of them are the most sought after upgrades of all, I was not really surprised. The Universe wants these things to come back. I bet you next it will be I Forgot To Remember.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thanks for this amazing work!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

harrythebannister wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 pm
tymime wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:23 pm The Karl Denver Trio sure was something else
He was an acquired taste that's for sure!
He was the Vegemite of the music world.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:40 pm As stuff resurfaces, or is rediscovered, it may seem like a prolonged and endless game of whack-a-mole. However, what emerges is a more complete picture of the broadcasts from this time period. The only suggestion I'd make is to perhaps approach it in batches; wait for a batch of new recordings to accumulate over a period of time, and then post the update. I am a pack rat when it comes to this stuff. So despite the admonitions in the UPDATE text file, I shan't discard The Joy Of Alpacas or the others anytime soon. So I can already envision myriad duplicates in the archive. But I will keep them separate so as not to confuse myself. I hope.

What else? Oh, there's Pickles.
See, its like this,...
Back in 2016, after a few years with our doggies, Sunny (a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix) and Franky (a min-pin,) my wife wanted to get a larger dog, more specifically a Pit bull, for protection because I work the night shift. I was perfectly happy with the two doggies we already had. But I posited that, OK, we can get another dog. But his name is going to have to be Pickles. I thought this would be a good deterrent, and that we could move on from this idea. Nope.
So here's Pickles, a huge loveably personable bundle of fun and joy. And when he cranks it up to eleven, look out!
IN-N-OUT, IN-N-OUT
That's what a hamburger's all about!
Call the ASPCA. The dog isn't watching enough Monty Python!
Either way, he's probably not walking his human today.
Peace friends.
Love your pets.
Quickly, a beautiful footnote: I was at a New Year's Eve bash at the neighbor's place. We are rural. About 30 people gathered together and a pitbull named Diesel that was 130 pounds. As midnight approached, I was asked to check out a second dog that was laying next to Diesel in the middle of the living room. It was unfamiliar to everyone...where did he come from? It was bigger than Diesel. It looked pretty docile but...BIG! I approached gingerly and the animal looked stoned. I slowly reached for his collar and saw the following in Sharpie pen-----> "Please don't call the pound. I know my way home!"
Nobody saw him leave, either!
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fanfare, please!
Lord Reith, I wanted you to know to know that I have been away. For lack of a more fitting description...I have been over the ridge and I have seen the other side. Thanks to you, the greenest grass is right here. I am in awe of your dedication and of your benevolance.
I'm not sure about the pedigree of the wig.
Beautiful job.
KC