The Beatles Uncovered Mike’s Mixes Volume 5

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

The Beatles Uncovered Mike’s Mixes Volume 5

Post by RubberSolof »

The Beatles Uncovered Mike’s Mixes Volume 5 :

hXXps://we.tl/t-GY5SUAFeZb

Hey Kids,

It’s Mike here, back for Round 5 of some of my coolest remixes of Beatle tracks culled from over 300 shows I produced for a now defunct internet station called Beatles-A-Rama.

The thing I always found most fun (And still do) in working with Beatles tracks, is using the most modern equipment out there to rip the commercially released tracks apart... and then finding out what is hiding in the cracks and crevices of the music. The stuff buried beneath. The stuff you never usually get a chance to hear.
Until now!

That’s what this collection is all about.

I’m hoping that the hour of music in volume five will allow you to appreciate the greatest band in the world in a whole new way.
There’s a lot more where this came from... but below is a brief track by track summary of what I’ve included in this batch.

Enjoy!!

Michael

PS See the PDF for some cool photos!

Track List:

1. That’s What It Takes: I dug the vocal harmonies on this one so I really brought those to the fore. I removed all the drums again and left a muted bass line. And now you can really hear Clapton’s awesome Guitar solo with crystal clarity. This was the only time in the entire album that I kinda added something that wasn’t originally there. During the fadeout I doubled up on the vocals because although George only did that one time...I loved it so I copied this section and had him do it a couple of times at the very end.

2. Uncle Albert - Admiral Halsey: This has always been one of my favorite Wings songs. I focused on the vocals, harmonies and fun sound effects on this one.

3. Watching The Wheels: I actually did this 2 ways but picked the solo piano version for here for an intimate finished demo kinda feel. (the other was a Bass version...also very cool!) I love the jazzy ending

4. Beware Of Darkness Mix 2: I mixed this song a few different ways. Here’s a version that highlights the wonderful guitar work of both Eric Clapton and George.

5. Michelle: When these guys did 3 part harmony...nobody could touch them (see Yes It Is or This Boy for even more proof). I left this almost totally a cappella because sometimes...who needs music anyway!

6. You Won’t See Me: Cool Bass, along with awesome usually hidden backing vocals from George John and Paul. OHH LAA LAA indeed!

7. Magical Mystery Tour: I didn’t pick the album version but the rarer Soundtrack Version because I loved all the extra different sound effects. Like Sgt. Pepper, this whole album has so much fun hidden stuff that I really enjoyed making every one of these cuts.

8. The Inner Light: Setting the Drums free did amazing things for this track. Such a different feel, Tribal almost!! One of my favorite George tracks...so lovely.

9. Beautiful Boy: I upped the Harmonies, lost some of the main vocals to give it an even mellower Caribbean feel then on the album...and made it acoustic.

10. I Want To Hold Your Hand: I did both the English version and German version (which I’ll save for another volume). A fun remix to do... lots of cool hidden little details to play with here!

11. All You Need Is Love: Lovely Orchestra and Horn tracks. I never knew John sang a lyric from Yesterday at the end... I thought there was only Paul singing She Loves You! The things you find when you start digging around in these songs always amaze me!!

12. Wreck Of The Hesperus: Focused on Clapton’s Guitar again. So Good! Little Bass and no Drums... again.

13. Think For Yourself: These guys obviously loved each other and were having so much fun during the sessions for this track. I included some classic Beatles interplay from those sessions as they tried to work out the very intricate harmonies that I then highlight in the main cut.

14. With a Little Help from My Friends - RINGOOOOO! The focus is on 3 things here. Ringo’s stellar lead vocals, the incredible backup help from his “friends” and Paul’s catchy Bass work. I stripped off everybody else at the very end to just focus on the note that had Ringo scared SHITLESS! He was so worried he wouldn’t be able to hit and hold the note. John, Paul and George had to all stand around the microphone with him and silently encouraged him during the recording of his lead parts. Wish I had a picture of that!!

15. Woman: Ok... here’s a solo Bass version with extra harmonies from a later remix added back in. Gorgeous!!

16. The Fool On The Hill: This is an earlier take with many different vocals and a very cool completely different arrangement.

17. Across The Universe: My other favorite track in this collection to close us
out. I once again used about 3 different versions to cobble this together... but the focus remains on the beautiful melody and stunning guitar work from John. I decided to make this mostly an instrumental take...to let the lovely tune shine forth! Created my own ending while I was at it ...and I love the deep breath at the very end!

Thanks all for now but look for Vol 6 very soon!

Until then...

-RubberSolof
rhino

Re: The Beatles Uncovered Mike’s Mixes Volume 5

Post by rhino »

Thanks for these !
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for Volume 5 Mike ......
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You!!
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You Mike. I really enjoyed your mix of M.M.Tour Soundtrack Version. I extracted the different backing track you made for that song and others. I might post them in Fan Mixes + Variations.
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thanks RubberSolof
jpa

Post by jpa »

Many thanks for the interesting vols 4 and 5, however, I missed vols 1,2,3. Would a re-up of these be possible?
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Sorry I missed this, could you please re-up? Thanks in advance
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

Ditto, reup please!! Thanks!