The Beatles Uncovered Volume 6 (HappyTG!)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

The Beatles Uncovered Volume 6 (HappyTG!)

Post by RubberSolof »

The Beatles Uncovered Volume 6 hxxps://we.tl/t-5mKPV1HeUJ

Hey Kids,

It’s Mike here, back for Round 6 of some of my coolest remixes of Beatle tracks culled from over 300 shows I produced for a now defunct internet station called Beatles-A-Rama.

The thing I always found most fun (And still do) in working with Beatles tracks, is using the most modern equipment out there to rip the commercially released tracks apart… and then finding out what is hiding in the cracks and crevices of the music. The stuff buried beneath. The stuff you never usually get a chance to hear.

Until now!

That’s what this collection is all about.

I’m hoping that the hour of music in volume six will allow you to appreciate the greatest band in the world in a whole new way.

There’s a lot more where this came from… but below is a brief track by track summary of what I’ve included in this batch.

Enjoy!!

Michael

1. Save Us - I decided to do a new batch of cuts for this volume, and I wanted to start out with some of the “Newer” McCartney cuts from around 10 years ago. This was such a fun cut to remix. Such a fun bouncy backing track to fool with. I was really happy with the way this one turned out and I New… sorry I‘m meant, I knew it would make a great opening cut for this collection!
2. If I Needed Someone - A semi-early Beatles cut that someone did a cool remix from the recent rerelease of the expanded Red and Blue Albums. Their mix inspired me to try a hand at my own. I used a lot of the hidden harmonies for this one.
3. I’m Stepping Out - Love the driving guitar and bass in this one. This was a fun one to mix…lots going on while still retaining an overall mellow feel.
4. It Don’t Come Easy - I asked Paul for a request and he picked this one. NOTE TO SELF: NEVER EVER, EVER LISTEN TO PAUL!! This was the worst nightmare of a track to remix of any that I have felt with over the 6 volumes I’ve done so far! At one point I had of 50 tracks opened up on one screen each track having a little snippet of music that when I made one small correction or edit… I would lose sync in all 49 other tracks. I was going insane mixing this one. I thought it would be easy because I was basing the idea off what another friend of mine had done… but I didn’t like the echo on George's voice on his version so I had to change it. And then I had to do my own edit of the song. And then I had to sync Ringo’s and George's parts almost word by word to the backing tracks which were already split into about 10 different parts. Then I changed my mind and decided to use the full mix with its lovely middle section and that threw everything off so I had to smoothly intertwine 3 different segments so they all flowed smoothly into one another. Nightmare! With decent (but not stunning results…) and with all that work there was no way I wasn’t going to include it with this set. Please lie to me and tell me it’s great… I’ll try to believe you…I really will! ( PS Can you spot the guest who popped into the studio to add 3 words and a “Yeah!” to the song…What a guy!)
5. Hello Goodbye - Get rid of the drums and wow…the song just opens up. Fun Bassline! I added one extra note at the end. Ha! Sue Me!
6. Devil's Radio - Great Clapton Guitar throughout on this along with some fantastic vocals too! And you guessed it… almost no drums and a very reduced bass presence on this one as well.
7. House Of Wax - Another newer McCartney. One of the best rocking blues guitar solos by Rusty that McCartney ever put to record!
8. Baby You’re a Rich Man - I don’t know why this one was so hard to mix…just a lot of parts to juggle (I mangled about 3 different versions of the song to Frankenstein this one together) and I got sick in the middle of doing it… so it took 2 weeks to mix. Ack! But it turned out pretty cool.
9. Maxine - A fun Traveling Wilbury cut from George that was originally left off their first album but years later reinstated in the box set.
10. Oh Yoko! Not a lot of parts to fool with on this one but I loved the piano so I focused on that (and the bass) throughout the track.
11. Because - Still one of my favorite Beatles tracks. Here’s a version that includes John, single-tracked, singing the main melody in the center, with Paul and George isolated on each side, also single-tracked. The final version had 3-part harmony recorded 3 times for a 9-part harmony song. I love hearing it like this in its simplest form!
12. Someplace Else - A beautiful ballad showcasing Harrison’s stunning Slide Guitar work, something he never got enough credit for. And lots of beautiful harmony vocals to boot!
13. Your Mother Should Know - Great backing vocals are brought to the forefront on this one. I reduced the drums to almost nil… they were hiding too much fun stuff!
14. Only Mama’s Nose - Another rocking Newer McCartney tune. Fun vocals, and such a head-bobbing driving beat! I shortened the beginning but extended the ending a bit.
15. When We Was Fab - I left in the Strings and Gary Wright’s Keyboards on this. No Drums again. A mini Beatles reunion on this one with Ringo on Backing Vocals and George on Sitar. Fun, Beatlesque vocals and feel throughout!
16. Run For You Life - I focused on some hidden harmonies on this one and also on Paul's bass work. It’s Nifty
17. Slow Down - Another driving Beatles tune from the early days. Awesome Piano work from Beatles Producer George Martin…so I had to focus on it! John’s guitar solo (and shouts) are also nice!
18. New - The basis of this was a YouTube cut that used Ai to include John in this very Beatlesque Paul Track. I took that and put it through my remix demix machine and this popped out (after 8 hours of cutting and rearranging). It turned out so great I knew it had to be the closer in this collection. I wish this had been their final song together rather than Now and Then. Imagine…

Thanks for tuning in once again! Like James Bond… I shall Return!

Michael
BTL1210

Re: The Beatles Uncovered Volume 6 (HappyTG!)

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you Mike for Volume 6 .....
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You Mike!!
Hannibal Starr

Post by Hannibal Starr »

Muchas Gracias, Keep Rockin'
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Great stuff. Many thanks!!!
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

many thanks !!
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You Mike for posting your Uncovered Mixes. I'm still extracting your different backing tracks and harmony vocals from your mixes.
Thank You Again.
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
lopez7

Post by lopez7 »

Hi!someone please reupload
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

Ditto, reup please!! Thanks!