Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by masterjedi »

csnyfan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:18 pm Got the first Dear Prudence snippet without intrusive She's A Woman audio.
The two Rockband snippets don't actually overlap so I've separated them.
The other one extends the guitar at the very end of the rough mono mixes for a few more seconds.

hxxps://we.tl/t-jtqwr0At8n
This sounds great! Are you planning on doing the other part as well? I see what you mean about them overlapping the end of the rough mono mixes, but I would like to leave the mixes as-is.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:17 pm
csnyfan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:18 pm Got the first Dear Prudence snippet without intrusive She's A Woman audio.
The two Rockband snippets don't actually overlap so I've separated them.
The other one extends the guitar at the very end of the rough mono mixes for a few more seconds.

hxxps://we.tl/t-jtqwr0At8n
This sounds great! Are you planning on doing the other part as well? I see what you mean about them overlapping the end of the rough mono mixes, but I would like to leave the mixes as-is.
I started the other one as well, but it's tricky because there is no other RB source for the very end of the SAW bit, just the bootleg. Additionally there is a metronome that isn't on the mono mixes, and I'm not sure if it's authentic or not. Yeah I would not truncate the mono mixes, but use them to improve the isolation of the snippet.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Donovan session - IMO there is sense to make it a separate release.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

csnyfan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:57 pm 1968-08-14 What's The New Mary Jane [take 2 announcement] Anthology LD iso
great idea, I originally thought it was just a fake count in tacked at the front! Shall I nitpick? :lol: The bass of the loud guitar note comes from take 1, and you missed the second syllable of the choking.
Finally had the time to look at this again. I'm not even sure how I was able to keep the first part of the coughing given how buried it is under the next vocal. Wow dude, very funny. :roll:
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

masterjedi wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 am
csnyfan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:57 pm 1968-08-14 What's The New Mary Jane [take 2 announcement] Anthology LD iso
great idea, I originally thought it was just a fake count in tacked at the front! Shall I nitpick? :lol: The bass of the loud guitar note comes from take 1, and you missed the second syllable of the choking.
Finally had the time to look at this again. I'm not even sure how I was able to keep the first part of the coughing given how buried it is under the next vocal. Wow dude, very funny. :roll:
Oops, meant to type coughing, somehow wrote choking. Yeah, I know it's very hard to isolate that convincingly. I could try to improve it if you want

I also noticed the Dear Prudence snippet I already have uses the bass + tambourine from the fadeout on mono mix b at 3:51. Still working on the second snippet. I have since realized that the metronome sound is authentic and also found on the mono mixes, albeit fairly quietly.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

csnyfan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:34 pm
masterjedi wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 am
Oops, meant to type coughing, somehow wrote choking. Yeah, I know it's very hard to isolate that convincingly. I could try to improve it if you want

I also noticed the Dear Prudence snippet I already have uses the bass + tambourine from the fadeout on mono mix b at 3:51. Still working on the second snippet.
Please do have a go at it.

Interesting about the DP snippet. I wonder if the two parts are more related than we thought. I noticed the beginning of the second part has the guitar (and bass and maybe some other noises) repeated twice. So messy.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Here are both finalized DP snippets, with a little pause inbetween:
hxxps://we.tl/t-m0UVvBqLOX
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

csnyfan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:18 pm Here are both finalized DP snippets, with a little pause inbetween:
hxxps://we.tl/t-m0UVvBqLOX
God, it's beautiful. I couldn't help smoothing it out a bit in one spot.
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFGLvqSN2kW74X4MQdrLTG7-I3ZCEHHj/view?usp=sharing
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Wow. Keep going.

Thank you so much for your work.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you both for your latest AWESOME shares .....