SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND: NIMBUS SUPER CUT

Fan created remixes and rare variations
MUR

Re: SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND: NIMBUS SUPER CUT

Post by MUR »

There are no 'discs 21 and 22', because what is shared above is 2017 version. I will post 2018 version (I guess the latest ?) of Massed Alberts and Near The End soon. Drainpixel only.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
MUR

Post by MUR »

Massed Alberts 2018 Edition
Near The End 2018 Edition

pixeldrain.com/l/MWhZgt5K

Thanks to original sharer(s) in some other thread on the forum in 2022.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
buck turgidson

Post by buck turgidson »

bonus thanks for this one!
aka paperback reader (in the photo it's "the beatles in help! - a novel by al hine") (i just had to look, having seen the film)
skynet

Post by skynet »

skynet wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:41 pm
powerPC wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 pm Thanks skynet for the re-up! It's saying I "need access"... is there a password or something?
ahhh an apology had not realized

I updated the link, can you try now and let me know if it works?

hxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PIWOdQHket5YU7OzvzVPm95rw970Jy-7?usp=sharing

Regards

I haven't realized, but i mentioned that the rip downloads would only be available for 1 month only, but the link is still available :D , so i will leave it there, if it helps anyone else :)

Regards
Kando

Post by Kando »

skynet wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:29 pm I haven't realized, but i mentioned that the rip downloads would only be available for 1 month only, but the link is still available :D , so i will leave it there, if it helps anyone else :)

Regards
Yes, just came upon this, and have downloaded some of it, but downloading limits are forcing me to come back later for more, lol. Hopefully they'll be there till I get it all downloaded. My god there is a lot of stuff. :o

Thanks for the new post or I might have missed this.

Regarding various pressings of SPLHCB, I've had both the original silver disc MFSL UHQR DESS upgrade version, and very early UHQR MR clone version. While both were better than the official early cd version I felt they were rather lacking in comparison to all the other MFSL needledrops, from the same sources. Yes, I know many have complained about the so-called smiley face eq of the MFSL releases, but I got to play them all on a pretty good system for awhile, back in the early 2000's, and I did not really notice any significant issues with the EQing. Most of it sounded absolutely brilliant to me. There was considerably better detail on all albums, more on some than others. There was much more of an "in the studio while they were recording" sound to most of them. However, I didn't really notice that at all with the SPLHCB UHQR version. It sounded much more like modern day MFSL remasters, many of which I have not cared for at all. Why that should be I have no idea.

As for the smiley face EQ issue. I have found that a lot of Beatles' recordings seem to be very sensitive to the listening space environment. I know I have heard them on various systems where they can sound pretty mediocre, and on others (even inexpensive ones) where they all sound pretty decent. Why their recordings seem to be so susceptible to this is beyond me, as I have not noticed such far reaching audible discrepancies with any other artists. But then I haven't spent nearly as much time critically listening to other artist's works, as I have with these guys, lol.

The issue regarding a lot of bass on some of the MSFL albums I can somewhat understand, as I've had to listen to them on systems with really good bass reproduction to appreciate them fully. But on the right system songs like 'Cream Tangerine' and 'Hey Bulldog' really shine. But they can also show the weakness of the bass on some tracks like 'Come Together', which I think possibly had the bass a bit limited on the master tape used, and the extra EQ almost hurts as much as it helps. Also have to remember that MFSL received various generation master tapes for their remastering work. As for the so called extra treble, I have rarely heard it on any system where that was a minus. The only extra treble I generally tend to hear seems mostly connected to the presence of the sound, not the lower pitched (in your face) type. Although when played back on just my laptop they can sound a little overly crisp. :)

All that being said I also have a somewhat unique copy of a fake MFSL release on CD, which I got from Japan around '09. It came in a lovely box with gold embossed printing made to look like the original MFSL collection box, or possibly the box the individual lp's came in (if they did so, I'm not sure). It also came with a large complete booklet, covering everything that would have come with the original version, plus an authentication sheet, I think. I got it for a pretty decent price, and bought it mainly for the really great presentation material, lol. But I have to say the sound on it is really much better than any other source I have had to date. It is what I would have expected the UHQR version to sound like originally. Just wondering if anyone else has come across one of these and what source have they found it to have come from. I would have guessed the 2009 remasters, but I have listened to a number of these, and my matching MFSL needledrops all sounded al least as good, but generally better. Any thoughts?

Sorry for sort of misdirecting things a bit here, so thanks again for the links and hard work!
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"