Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Alessandro Rocchi

Re: The Beatles And Harry At The Beeb

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Lord Reith! :mrgreen:
Ale.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:08 am Also included are some upgrades courtesy of Beebsters who've kindly joined in to share their beebles. Thankyou!
Thank you again, LR, for bringing us another great HARRY. And thank you also to the unnamed "Beebsters" for their generosity!
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

Anyone know the story of '1964 Alan Freeman Introduces The Beatles' from 1964?

Must been before 'Top Of The Pops', came out?

Love the surprises :mrgreen:
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

eclipsed1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:44 am Disc 1 tracks 14,21,32,39,40,41 are included in a seperate folder.
THis is intentional so that the remaining tracks in the main folder can sit on a single disc if burned.
The additional tracks can be re-integrated into the main folder for those who want everything neat and tidy and complete.
There are two cue files - one for the 54 track version, and a second one for the 60 track version.

Thank you.
I'm finding it hard to keep up on a thread with fifty-something pages and growing.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:08 am
Also included are some upgrades courtesy of Beebsters who've kindly joined in to share their beebles. Thankyou!
It's a shame Archeology has already been used as a title for boots, what with the continuing "digs" coming to the surface.

Do you think you might get even more donations to your cause if you included an "Honorable Mention" sheet with each disc?
I know some choose to remain nameless, but some like to see their name in lights.
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks again, Lord !!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. We're into what I guess you'd call The Appendix now but I still find this stuff interesting. And these Transcription Service edits are burned into the brains of all of us who first heard the Beeb stuff in the early 80s.
20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:29 pm Thank you again, LR, for bringing us another great HARRY. And thank you also to the unnamed "Beebsters" for their generosity!
Yes, great stuff. More to come.
jpgrcat1960 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:43 pm Anyone know the story of '1964 Alan Freeman Introduces The Beatles' from 1964?
Must been before 'Top Of The Pops', came out?
That was the first time The Beatles were on a Transcription Service disc. It was around May 1964 although the disc didn't expire until 1968 so probably was heard a few times in other countries. The Beatles are on one side and Julie Dawn on the other. I think this must have got such a good response that they decided to create a special show (Top Of The Pops) after that. They hadn't ever done rock stuff prior to that, only jazz and classical and light pop like Frank Ifield. The From Us To You disc was re-issued in 1972 as a one-sided disc (goodbye Julie Dawn!) and the BBC pressed their own copy from the stamper to put in Sound Archives and it got played a few times during the 70s in the UK (and actually that is the copy you hear here).
quigatolah wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:30 pm Do you think you might get even more donations to your cause if you included an "Honorable Mention" sheet with each disc?
I know some choose to remain nameless, but some like to see their name in lights.
No people generally don't like to be named. Nobody is doing it for that reason.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

Seem to be missing No9 anD hope someone can point me to it thANKS
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

maccafan1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 pm Seem to be missing No9 anD hope someone can point me to it thANKS
http://tinyurl.com/ongoing-re-up-by-MUR
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

maccafan1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 pm Seem to be missing No9 anD hope someone can point me to it thANKS
ZIGGY C 's link: hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mZU9yJjMX8LnY8iQR_HrFmmbMzKDUA-f?usp=sharing
all so far on there.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”