Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
TELEGRAM SAM

Re: The Beatles And Harry At The Beeb

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:20 pm
TELEGRAM SAM wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:10 am Many many thanks again. This is superb! Yesterdays Vol.17, is very exciting, and it is very interesting to hear George Martins views on The Beatles in 1966. Thank you again.
I like how he says how he thinks he's becoming redundant. This was late 65, just before they started Revolver. He must have really enjoyed that development and suddenly having lots more to do.

But, wow, listening to him it's bizarre that someone like that would become a pop producer. It's the fact that he was such a gentleman and so removed from that whole scene that allowed him to look objectively at the music and take it to a higher level. A typical "pop" producer probably never would have got the same results out of The Beatles. I mean, when they started in June 1962 they had a crap drummer, terrible equipment and no good songs. George Martin is the "schoolmaster" guy who upped their game and made them get their act together. Without him, they might never have written all those great songs, or at least never realised them in the same way. To me, late 62-early 63 was the balancing point at which they were either going to be great or fail. He made sure it was the former.
I completely agree with you. It certainly seems that his distance and removed manner from the pop scene together with his classical training gave George Martin a different perspective towards his work with the band. Fascinating listening! Your volume 19 with Bernie Andrews and Mr Griffen also very interesting. Thank you again for all of these.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

There was a Volume 20 here, but Penn Jillette came in and made it disappear. Sorry.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Link routes to the forum home.
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Sorry to say link also takes me back to forum.
TOBY CELERY

Post by TOBY CELERY »

Link needs fixing Lord - thanks in advance (and for ALL your work).
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks Lord !!!
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

Link needs fixing it takes me to forum, not the link :roll:
darth9neo

Post by darth9neo »

jpgrcat1960 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:03 pm Link needs fixing it takes me to forum, not the link :roll:
[opens closet, looks in....]

He's right, you know.
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Late to the party, like as a sometimes and for that reason I present my excuses.

But, Where I can find a link to the whole set?
Beatcomber

Post by Beatcomber »

darth9neo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:26 pm
jpgrcat1960 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:03 pm Link needs fixing it takes me to forum, not the link :roll:
[opens closet, looks in....]

He's right, you know.
No, no, no, you're all wrong. Undoubtedly, earlier today, the URL must have worked. Presumably Lord Reith, clever as he is, linked to the forum home when the first letters of every header and line spelt out the correct URL, like an acrostic. It appears that, with new posts being made in the course of the day, the URL was scrambled. Now it is up to us to put all headers and post lines back in the correct order. Or maybe the Wayback Machine can take us back to where the Lord came from?