Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
beatles2me

Re: The Beatles At The Beeb

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thank you so much Lord, MUR, Ziggy....
Ziggy C

Re: The Beatles At The Beeb 1982 extended

Post by Ziggy C »

eclipsed1 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:36 pm Wow! you just opened up a flood of memories with the Whoo-Ya KMET Reference.....
Remembering Jim Ladd, Jeff Gonzer, Mary Turner, Cynthia Fox, Pat 'Paraquat' Kelly and all the rest.....
The Fish Report with a Beat, Harrison's mike, Dr D live on Sundays, The glory days of Late 70's FM Radio...
Thanks for that!
Sadly, Jim Ladd (RIP) passed on December 17th this year from cardiac arrest. He was a mainstay at KMET, KLOS, KMPC, KEDG, KLSX, and KLOS (again.) More recently he had a spot on Sirius/XM which gave him even more freedom to play whatever he wanted.

Thankfully, there are many air checks and other recordings which will live on...
joguema

Post by joguema »

Many thanks to MUR and Ziggy C for the re-ups!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thankyou, Beeblings. There was a parallel universe in which The Beatles released as much material as they would in their entire career on their studio albums... and it was called Nineteen Sixty Three. It was like they were carving out their place in history, saying "This is who we are." And although they never could have envisaged that these recordings would live on, those moments of greatness captured like lightning in a bottle will never age. They are truly timeless.
innergroove wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 am Is it just me or do "Harry Christmas" and "Harry & His Boxing Day" both contain Disc 8 ? I can't seem to find disc 7.
These are sounding wonderful by the way.
I did actually upload 8 instead of 7 for about two minutes, and both zips were titled Harry Christmas. You must have been quick!
dascottjr wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:20 pm Finally, an upgrade to Tony Rivers' "Abilene" (initially mistaken for a Beatles track back in the day)!!! A box of unexpected delights, to be sure!
Yeah, Abilene is great and one of my favourite tracks. Lovely song and theirs is so much better than the original. The other Tony Rivers songs are... well, funny. I mean, Happy Song and Row Row Row are so cheesy you could feed the whole of the Swiss population for a year. But I love it. They were yet another group who did loads of radio broadcasts but never had any chart success.
BeatleDan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:14 pm just one question - will these discs all perfectly fit in to my Kevin Howlett BBC Archives book box? :?: :lol:
No, not anymore. But at the end I will give you a big copy of the front cover and all you have to do is find a nice wooden crate or something, print it off and stick it on the front, and put your cdrs in that. Or you could use this...

JoeWadley wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm I wonder how often the Beatles heard these finished shows. They were on such a busy schedule I imagine they rarely heard them.

It is surprising that Mr.Epstein didn’t get some equipment and have someone record these. Surely it could have been ordered through the family store.
I would have put myself forward for that job. :D
Thanks, I've got it sorted. I must have got my zips mixed up somehow.
Then you definitely need a new pair of trousers, mate.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

I think this set is already being counterfeited (badly)!! I saw a copy in a store today!

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:36 pm I think this set is already being counterfeited (badly)!! I saw a copy in a store today!
Ordered! :lol:
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

Swinging Blue Jeans, & Tony Rivers & the Castaways, were part of Brian Epstein's NEMS

Love to hear any NEMS artist or band..Awesome sound, overall

Sometime in April 1964 Graham Bond Quartet recorded, their Decca Sessions

Luckily, I got that too, & Jack Bruce on there :mrgreen:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

You're tuned to the BBC Light programme. And now here is a news flash: Yes! It's the Christmas-themed edition of Harry And His Box Set, featuring festive fun with Brian Bathtubes and Uncle Rolf before he became Uncle Adolf! And a special Chrimble message from The Beatles! What more could you ask for? A BBC tie? Well, be careful what you ask for, you just may get it!

And to those wondering why Brian Bathtubes is kitting himself out in drag and pretending to be a fairy godmother, it's because Susan Maughan has just performed her own rendition of All I Want For Christmas Is A Beatle. But really, all she wanted for Christmas was Harry.

And remember that request that Brian Bathtubes didn't read out? Well, we've got that too. And a curious musical reference to Sexy Sadie.

And for all those without any sense of Christmas spirit, we've also included Pete Best having a bit of a sulk.

Anyone for Ten-nis?
10frontmini.jpg
10frontmini.jpg (348.29 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
http://tinyurl.com/exp-jan-4

TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you Lord Reith. This wonderful. Thank you.