Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
MarkRJones1970

Re: The Beatles At The Beeb

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I'm losing track and which ones I've got and which ones I haven't! I thought we were only up to Vol 6! :?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Finally, an upgrade to Tony Rivers' "Abilene" (initially mistaken for a Beatles track back in the day)!!! A box of unexpected delights, to be sure!
jpgrjd

Post by jpgrjd »

All discs 1-9 are in my folder.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

This excursion through Le Carton du Harry has been enlightening and quite transporting. Not just The Beatles' recordings, but the guest artists' as well. Context is everything. I very much appreciate the time and effort that has gone into producing this set, the covers, the extras, the ramblings,....all of it.

After whatever kind of break you may need, to reset, maybe see what it looks like outside the four walls, see and interact with.....(ugh)....people....

I'm hoping there is a next chapter to incorporate the Easy Beat, From Us To You's, Top Gear's, and Saturday Club's from the end of '63 through '64.
No pressure of course.

As an undertaking/adventure like this takes considerable time and planning, I'd offer a tremenjous thank you for allotting that time, hunkering down, and allowing us to share in your private collection.

This is an awesome walk through the Beatles' garden of Verses, Ramblings, and Covers.
Last edited by Ziggy C on Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

innergroove wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 am Is it just me or do "Harry Christmas" and "Harry & His Boxing Day" both contain Disc 8 ? I can't seem to find disc 7.
These are sounding wonderful by the way.
im seeing disc 7 in harry christmas and disc 8 under harry and his boxing day - so maybe you need to re-open the zip files?
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

marvelous stuff

just one question - will these discs all perfectly fit in to my Kevin Howlett BBC Archives book box? :?: :lol:
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

I wonder how often the Beatles heard these finished shows. They were on such a busy schedule I imagine they rarely heard them.

It is surprising that Mr.Epstein didn’t get some equipment and have someone record these. Surely it could have been ordered through the family store.
urasam2

Post by urasam2 »

"by JoeWadley » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm

I wonder how often the Beatles heard these finished shows. They were on such a busy schedule I imagine they rarely heard them.

It is surprising that Mr.Epstein didn’t get some equipment and have someone record these. Surely it could have been ordered through the family store."

You can't record BBC programmes off air and sell them.
joguema

Post by joguema »

Thank you very much Lord Reith!

I only found this thread today and was able to download all episodes but # 2.

Can somebody please re-upload this for me? - Many thanks in advance.
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

urasam2 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:23 pm "by JoeWadley » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm

It is surprising that Mr.Epstein didn’t get some equipment and have someone record these. Surely it could have been ordered through the family store."

You can't record BBC programmes off air and sell them.
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant that I think the Epstein store sold radio equipment, and that he could have ordered a radio and recorder easily.